Aircraft Registration

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
If an aircraft has been out of registration and is showing it has been de-registered, what is one looking at to get things up to snuff with the FAA. Is it just a matter of registering it, or are their some hoops that need to jumped through?

Asking for a friend :D

Is it just a matter of registering it, or are their some hoops that need to jumped through?
Depends on a couple things as to how many hoops. The reason for deregistration and if the aircraft chain of ownership is complete. Regardless, it will require a new N number for the aircraft at this point.

If an aircraft has been out of registration and is showing it has been de-registered, what is one looking at to get things up to snuff with the FAA. Is it just a matter of registering it, or are their some hoops that need to jumped through?

Asking for a friend :D
LOL
I saw the ad on Trade-a-Plane too...

Depends on a couple things as to how many hoops. The reason for deregistration and if the aircraft chain of ownership is complete. Regardless, it will require a new N number for the aircraft at this point.

Why will it need a new N number???
We just bought a plane that was deregistered. We sent the bill of sale and registration for my FAA just like any other plane. It is now registered in our name and same N number. No hoops to jump through or any questions from FAA...
So where do you get it must get a new N number from?

So where do you get it must get a new N number from?
Once a registration expires there is a 90 day(?) window to either finish the renew or reserve that N number. Once the 90 days is up the number is cancelled and is unavailable for use or reservation for 5 years. In my experience, if it's showing de-registered on the online listing the 90 days is usually over. I've only been able to correct one registration that went past the 90 days but it had a renewal app and was still a battle. For some reason I can't get the FAA reference links to load on this. Look to the Registration Renewal page for the reference.

Last edited:
Back