Third Time's the Charm?

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
Well, I've got attempt #3 for my checkride scheduled - currently slated for June 1st. Do you think it'll snow?! ;) I'm having a hard time believing that this might actually happen. It's a lot harder to get motivated to study this time around!

You got this, I only had a couple of weeks in between my two attempts that got cancelled, you're drive to finish will keep you motivated.

Snow....not likely. I think my Private ride was bounced 3 times before I got it done. Nov, Nov again, Decemeber. Finally January I got it done. January of forever ago.

It’s a good testament to the logistical hurdles that can be thrown a pilot’s way. Looking forward to hearing about good weather and a pass!

Well, I've got attempt #3 for my checkride scheduled - currently slated for June 1st. Do you think it'll snow?! ;) I'm having a hard time believing that this might actually happen. It's a lot harder to get motivated to study this time around!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes. :)

Good luck, I’ll bet you’ll get it this time around!

I never thought about it, but my first check ride was successfully completed on the first try in January of 2001.

Have you got a shirt picked out yet?

Now I'm curious. Why? I know about the whole solo shirt thing, but is there something about the checkride, too? And to answer the question, not exactly, but I don't usually pick out my clothes more than a day in advance...if I do that! :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys! Hopefully it goes and goes well!

Hard-won accomplishments are cherished all the more.

Now I'm curious. Why? I know about the whole solo shirt thing, but is there something about the checkride, too? And to answer the question, not exactly, but I don't usually pick out my clothes more than a day in advance...if I do that! :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys! Hopefully it goes and goes well!
Yeah. I wasn’t thinking right. It was the solo thing I had on my mind.

I had a long break between my final hours in the aircraft and my check ride due to three weeks of fog, all you can do is review with your CFI, I did a couple hot cockpits each week, and run ups, shutdowns, and radio calls with one of the local area towers who were slow. got to tie the info to procedures, the actual flying you'll be ready for, its remembering you emergency procedures, trust me an hour or two of hot cockpit with you CFI is worth it, you can work thru them at your own speed, rather than trying to keep ahead of the aircraft and think... it sets in quick like that

But it was perfect weather today in Iowa.....for an IFR flight. One of my long XC airports today was KOTM and had to take the VOR approach down to minimums. I know you're on the northern side. Didn't look at the weather up there. :)

You'll do great. Best of luck. My IR ride should be two weeks after yours.

Back