Deferred

TRC1969

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TRC
Met with my AME today about my difficult medical. He says its a go. I will be deferred but all items can be successfully addressed. My case is not as bad as I thought. A couple of extra hoops to jump through and all will be good. 6 to 9 months. What a relief. It was good to hear he had handled much tougher cases and they were approved.

sounds like you were smart and did a consult before actually applying.
However with the current medical situation congress and the FAA have created, it is also smart to get a knowledgeable 2nd opinion by an AME that specializes in difficult medicals. I have seen situations were an AME says it should be not be a problem and then it becomes a big problem.

Recommend the standard answer here is do a consult with Dr Bruce Chien (aeromedicaldoc.com) or Dr Lou Foster that frequent here regularly.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

So 6 to 9 months is considered a promising outcome ?

Well I guess I can live with 9 months. I was just glad to hear I would be OK from someone that has according to him”dealt with much worse and gotten them cleared”. Overall I think its really a sad situation that pilots, and wanna be pilots have to run the gauntlet for their medical. Everyone talks about safety and the dangers of flying if your not “FAA healthy”. From what I read there are very few accidents where the pilots health was the actual cause. There are some stories out there but not many. Simple question, how many private pilots were killed last year in airplanes. How many private pilots were killed last year in their automobiles? Overall I think most pilots do a great job protecting themselves and the general public. I guess the dramatic way that air accidents occur overshadows the fact that they just don’t happen that often and when they do it’s rarely the pilots health that caused it. And if you really think about it the FAA agrees otherwise there would be no such thing as basic med. just my thoughts.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back