Early Bonanza Autopilot?

Otie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Otie
I have a pristine B35 that has no AP, and I would like to install a used one (if I can find) so as to not break the bank and make investment sense. My panel is basic but very nice and I would like to add a Garmin 175 GPS. Does anyone know of a shop that does installs of used avionics such as this? Thanks!

Out of curiosity, since installation costs are the same either way, would you save that much going used vs new? Especially since new would come with a warranty.

BTW, Welcome to POA.

Yes it may be. I am trying to get an idea what is the best (or only) options for new/used. Garmin is out of the question, no STC yet.

Garmin is out of the question, no STC yet.

I haven't really been keeping track of options for early Bonanzas (I used to own an F35). Is Garmin promising there will be an approval for them? If so, it might be worth the wait.

I think the Genesys mentioned above might be the only new choice at the moment. Assuming it is, you might want to investigate what older autopilots can be upgraded to the 3100 sometime down the road if you elect to install used equipment.

Back