GRG55 : Gone West

Pilots Of America Management

MC Announcements and Communication
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Pilots of America Management
It is with great sadness that we report @GRG55 has flown west on May 15th. His wife, Jennifer, has made a statement about his tragic passing :
My husband loved chatting with all of you on Pilots of America. He died in a tragic accident on May 15 when he fell off a ladder here at home and hit his head on the concrete floor in the basement. I found him unconscious a few minutes later. He was flown to hospital by helicopter ambulance but he never recovered consciousness, and died from massive head injuries a few hours later. Posted by his widow Jennifer Gill

We will certainly miss him and his contributions to the forum.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds @GRG55, we’ll miss you!

https://mhfh.com/tribute/details/33175/G-GILL/obituary.html

The Management Council

Last edited by a moderator:
:( So sorry to hear. I enjoyed his contributions. Deepest condolences to Jennifer and family.

We never know what tomorrow will bring for us.

How awful. My prayers to Jennifer and family.

I must say it was very sweet for her to come back here and let us know of his passing. For many spouses, I'm sure "talking to the men on the internet about airplanes" (as my wife describes it) is seen as an activity that is time consuming. But we're all real people, and like loosing a friend or acquaintance, it's good for us to have closure when someone disappears without further activity.

I don't get to meet PoA'ers in person very often, but @GRG55 was one of the few for whom I have had that honor.
By some lucky coincidence, we were both passing through Dallas at the same time, and got to hang out for an awesome meal...
He struck me as a kind and thoughtful man, with a great sense of humor. This is heartbreaking.
Stay safe out there, everyone.

Left to right, @Salty, GRG55, Kath, and @AggieMike88:
Dallas_meetup.jpeg

I don't get to meet PoA'ers in person very often, but @GRG55 was one of the few for whom I have had that honor.
By some lucky coincidence, we were both passing through Dallas at the same time, and got to hang out for an awesome meal...
He struck me as a kind and thoughtful man, with a great sense of humor. This is heartbreaking.
Stay safe out there, everyone.

Left to right, Salty, GRG55, Kath, and AggieMike88:
View attachment 96479
Great photo, Kath, that’s something to treasure. Thanks for sharing!

This caught me quite unawares. I’m fairly new here and didn’t know him very well but he seemed to be a great guy.

Certainly keep his wife and family in your prayers. They must be devastated at the suddenness of it all.

Ugh. Absolutely terrible. RIP GRG55. :(

Ugh that's sad. He was definitely one of the posters I came to respect and appreciate in my short time here. This forum certainly poorer for his loss.

Another reminder how fragile life is :(, I'll miss his presence

I'm just kinda blown away. he was so friendly. ever since I expressed interest in twins he always offered to take me up in his aztec. I actually thought he might have made rough river and was hoping he did and was looking forward to it. I can't believe it, honestly.

:( Man, sorry to hear this. RIP GRG55.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his entire family. RIP.

Ran across Jennifer’s post and then came here to find the expected thread going. Sigh.

Very much enjoyed talking to @GRG55 — he will be missed.

RIP.

That's tough to hear. Best wishes to the family.

holy crap! that sucks, really sad to hear this :(

Terrible news, enjoyed his posts, he seemed like a nice guy. Condolences, RIP.

I just never get used to how ****** fickle this life is. Much too soon brother. You are missed, place won't be the same without ya. We'll throw a nickel on the grass and keep these things flying in your memory, as is tradition as Aviators.

Your loss reminds us to not take any day for granted, and take the shot that's in front of us TODAY.
My sincere condolences to the family.

Very sad to hear. Yeah, the fragility of life and ll of that, but it doesn't make it any easier.

He will be missed here on the forum. Jennifer, my sincere condolences.

Tailwinds.

Another pilot friend, just yesterday, fell off a ladder and broke two ribs.

So sorry to hear of this...........will be missed.....RIP

Never had the opportunity to meet him, but definitely my loss in not getting to ...

Back