KCID GA Ramp access?

Adam Weiss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kcmopilot
I was planning to fly to Cedar Rapids in the morning.
I need to do some business in the morning, then leave around noon.
It looks like Signature is the FBO there, and they charge a $300+ ramp fee, plus $2/gal more than the self-serve.
I really don’t want to use their ramp or services.
It looks like there is a GA ramp and self-serve fuel by taxiway A3.
Can anyone confirm if I can tie down there for a few hours and access the ramp from that area?
Any other advice?

I've parked at CID a few times at Signature, never paid for anything other than gas (Rental 182).

I just gave Signature a call.
$29 +$5, with $29 waived with fuel.
The reviews on AirNav scared me.
Hopefully it’s just as they’ve said.
I’ll report back if it turns out otherwise.

$300 ramp fee? What kind of jet are you flying? :)

You did the right thing by calling Signature to confirm right with the source; there is just too much wrong or outdated information out there. But here's another alternative: the West ramp (at the north end of taxiway A3) is a public parking area run by the city. It's where the self serve fuel pump is. Free parking/tiedown. The self serve fuel receipt will show a key code to reenter the ramp from the outside. You get out (and back in) through the old FBO building which was called PS Air a long time ago. Fuel is about a buck/gal cheaper than at Signature. There's a restroom inside the building. You get no other services, no cookies, no crew car - but if you have local transportation picking you up and you don't need any of those extra services, this is a lower-priced option.

Welcome to Cedar Rapids, I hope you have a good stay here at my home field!

- Martin

$300 ramp fee? What kind of jet are you flying? :)

You did the right thing by calling Signature to confirm right with the source; there is just too much wrong or outdated information out there. But here's another alternative: the West ramp (at the north end of taxiway A3) is a public parking area run by the city. It's where the self serve fuel pump is. Free parking/tiedown. The self serve fuel receipt will show a key code to reenter the ramp from the outside. You get out (and back in) through the old FBO building which was called PS Air a long time ago. Fuel is about a buck/gal cheaper than at Signature. There's a restroom inside the building. You get no other services, no cookies, no crew car - but if you have local transportation picking you up and you don't need any of those extra services, this is a lower-priced option.

Welcome to Cedar Rapids, I hope you have a good stay here at my home field!

- Martin
Thank you, Martin!

Back