[N/A] I've made a huge mistake

@EdFred I will mail you one. This is 100x worse than that sissy sauce we had at Rough River.

You namby pamby mommas boy, why dont you go cry about it you jackwagon!

If you have Netflix, check out the chili eating contest episode of this series.

They spend a lot of time talking with the guy that invented the reaper. The reaper is a chump compared to others that he hasn’t even named yet.

I just don't get it. I really, truly do not understand the appeal of intentionally eating things that put tear gas (and probably some military blister agents) to shame. I just do not get it.

I just don't get it. I really, truly do not understand the appeal of intentionally eating things that put tear gas (and probably some military blister agents) to shame. I just do not get it.

The high. Endorphins. Quicker than running a marathon.

My wife says green bell peppers make her sweat .....:lol: That stuff would most likely kill her..:(

Food that hurts. Some don't understand it. I do, but my guts, as I've aged, are rebelling somewhat. I recently found some inexpensive stuff ($3 a bottle) that is made from Habanero and Scotch Bonnet peppers. Hot enough. Don't know what the Scoville rating might be, but it won't be 135K, I'm sure. My old Scorned Woman hot sauce was only about 4500 and it was hot.

Just reading this thread and thinking about hot sauces makes my mouth drool. Always works. Just thinking of a burger with a layer of sliced jalapenos in it will make my mouth water.

Some fun:

Only 135000 Scoville units? Please...
Note that some people and animals are much less sensitive to capsaisin than others. (Birds, for example, are not sensitive at all, so you can spike your bird seed to keep away the squirrels!)
So those showing few effects are simply genetically less affected, and not really manly men.

Not quite 135,000 Scoville units, but this morning I bought a fancy coffee called "Spicy Brown Cow" that was a mocha with cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Not crazy about the cinnamon, but the (even-for-me-modest) levels of cayenne did add a lot of depth and interest to the mocha.

It’s the mouth burners I hate. Gimme the ones that ya say, that ain’t much, then a minute later ya start gettin that warm feelin. Beads of sweat break out on your forehead

Yeah it's not the mouth burnin' that gets me sweating....

So those showing few effects are simply genetically less affected...
I don't doubt that. I had a friend in college who would pour Dave's Insanity Sauce (180,000 Scoville units) like it was ketchup. Didn't phase her one bit.

I happen to think that jalapenos are a gift from G_d, and enjoy the occasional habanero, but I have less than zero interest in eating anything that will, like, hurt. At either end, or (for that matter) in the middle.

iu

I have some hydrochloric acid for the really tough guys.

Old Bay is about as spicy as this guy gets.

Love spicy food, but even I'm toning down some of my stuff. Spicy for the sake of spicy ain't good eats.

The high. Endorphins. Quicker than running a marathon.
I never get anything but burning lips and discomfort. A wholly worthless experience for me once you get beyond Frank's Hot Wing Sauce, and even that better be tempered with some bleu cheese dressing. You guys have at it.

Some of us just like the taste. I can't stand brussell sprouts or sauerkraut or watermelon. Some people love it. Others don't.

Some of us just like the taste. I can't stand brussell sprouts or sauerkraut or watermelon. Some people love it. Others don't.

That’s what I’m in it for. Don’t even gotta be food I don’t like. Makes some foods I like even betterer. And some are just just bland. I take Tobasco Sauce with me when I go out to eat in case the place I go to doesn’t have it.

I like a little heat, but of course the taste matters more. The Last Dab had pretty good taste, but the eye watering heat was too intense for anything more than fly-in shenanigans. :)

whatever u do, don't get hot sauce on your hands and then " accidentally " rub your junk. unless you're at rough river and were dared to, but other than that it's probably not a good idea.

whatever u do, don't get hot sauce on your hands and then " accidentally " rub your junk. unless you're at rough river and were dared to, but other than that it's probably not a good idea.

Wow, things have changed *a lot* in the year I've been gone. Not so sure change is good...

2 stars is my limit. Maybe 3 stars if its really good spicy chicken teriyaki. Just don't get the whole "hot sauce" thing.

Note that some people and animals are much less sensitive to capsaisin than others. (Birds, for example, are not sensitive at all, so you can spike your bird seed to keep away the squirrels!)
So those showing few effects are simply genetically less affected, and not really manly men.
Angry rams like it too!

Back