Snow

I'd be calling once a day, you have waited long enough.

I wouldn’t be waiting on just one DPE. Try calling all the examiners within a reasonable distance?

I would call the DPE ask about the next week or so, Then ask when you should check back with him if you don’t get a date set or hear back from him?

Brian

Call him everyday, squeaky wheel gets the grease, he's putting other people who bug him more often ahead of you. Seriously. Tell him you've been waiting long enough and would like some priority.

Thanks, y'all. Apparently the examiner's dad died last week so he wasn't keeping up with checkride scheduling, etc., and doesn't know when it might work. My instructor and I decided to look for other sorta local-ish DPEs. I may end up flying to a different airport for my checkride. That'd be interesting!

Thanks, y'all. Apparently the examiner's dad died last week so he wasn't keeping up with checkride scheduling, etc., and doesn't know when it might work. My instructor and I decided to look for other sorta local-ish DPEs. I may end up flying to a different airport for my checkride. That'd be interesting!
I'd recommend finding someone else. I flew to a different airport for my ride. No big deal.

I'd recommend finding someone else. I flew to a different airport for my ride. No big deal.
Many of us have done that. My private and instrument were both at an airport 120 miles away. It helps if it’s an airport you have flown into before, especially if it’s towered and you’re not used to that (or vice versa).

SkyChaser, I have been canceled twice over the last few weeks and this last time I didn’t get a call back from the DPE for a reschedule. I didn’t want to annoy him, but it was frustrating not knowing what the status was. Finally had my opportunity this morning. It wasn’t looking good, but I at least got a crack at it. Over 10 knot direct crosswinds, dropping ceilings and raining for the majority of the flight. I am so relieved to have finally been able to get it in. I know how stressful it is waiting on a checkride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back