Aviation Community in Mexico?

robicano22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
robicano22
(cross posted on Baja Bush Pilots)
Hi PoA -
I work remote and love being south of the border. After acquiring my PPL (~50 hours deep), I'd like to continue flying/learning/staying proficient in Mexico and becoming fluent in Spanish. I'm wondering what you folks would suggest as far as good places to do this.

My assumption is that Mexico City will have the largest GA community and will therefore be the best place to start and my first stop, but I would soon after like to branch out to other areas of Mexico (I am particularly biased to being on the Coast).

Does anyone have contacts that I might begin reaching out to or things I can start researching instead of doing my job? ;). Looking for high quality instruction of course.

I am also considering going for my IFR but that doesn't necessarily have to happen immediately or in MX at all, but would be a bonus to work on it down there if possible?

TIA,
CR

Mexican pilot here

Largest GA US-like community is MMAN

I rent from Mexico City MMJC and MMTO from a Mexican flight school. Instruction here is similar to Part 141 from the US. I pay $195 USD for a G1000 C172 with CFI

I have found a couple of US CFI's here that instruct Part 61. Airplane access is difficult.

If you have access to an airplane then you can have a larger supply of CFI's, many Mexican airline pilots study in the US

Mexican pilot here

Largest GA US-like community is MMAN

I rent from Mexico City MMJC and MMTO from a Mexican flight school. Instruction here is similar to Part 141 from the US. I pay $195 USD for a G1000 C172 with CFI

I have found a couple of US CFI's here that instruct Part 61. Airplane access is difficult.

If you have access to an airplane then you can have a larger supply of CFI's, many Mexican airline pilots study in the US

Thanks for the response Rene. PMed.

Back