Can an EDM 730 show Manifold and RPM?

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
My RPM gauge ha started to fail lately and seems to jump around quite a bit. Its not the engine as there is no noticeable change in the sound or feel of the engine so both myself and my mechanic feel the gauge is starting to fail. Rather than have this fixed or rebuilt, can the EDM 730 show RPM and manifold pressure?

The EDM 730 can show RPM and manifold pressure (with manifold pressure sensor) but they are not approved as primary instruments, so you would still need to get your other gauges repaired.

If you wish for a JPI EDM to be the primary instrument, you need the 930 model.

It's similar in size/function as the 830. The difference is the 930 meets the requirements to be the primary instrument.

If you wish for a JPI EDM to be the primary instrument, you need the 930 model.

It's similar in size/function as the 830. The difference is the 930 meets the requirements to be the primary instrument.
Or 900 which has same footprint as 830, you can reuse the existing CHT/EGT probes, so can save a few hours of labor.

My RPM gauge ha started to fail lately and seems to jump around quite a bit. Its not the engine as there is no noticeable change in the sound or feel of the engine so both myself and my mechanic feel the gauge is starting to fail. Rather than have this fixed or rebuilt, can the EDM 730 show RPM and manifold pressure?
I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago when my CHT gauge (a required instrument in my Bonanza) started showing occasional glitches. I had CHTs for each cylinder on my EDM800, but they didn't count (thanks, FAA). Instead of spending money on fixing the old factory gauges, I installed an EDM930 which is officially approved to replace the factory engine instruments. I like it a lot. The EDM900 does the same thing, it's just a little smaller.

Regards,
Martin

I found out my gauge is a Mitchell. They will give me a brand new replacement with correct tach time for a flat $200. I just need to pull mine and send it back to them. So that seems fairly easy.

The 830 is sweet if you’re looking for an upgrade. I love mine

The 830 is sweet if you’re looking for an upgrade. I love mine
The 730 and 830 are really the same unit with a different bundle of sensors. So it you have a 730, just add the various sensors you need.

My Mooney has a 930 that replaced most everything on the right side of the panel and works great! I thought I would miss the big round tach day MP dials, but now I say, good riddance.

Back