Select Aircraft sales

Yeah but it’s reality for now. Too many hay fields and not enough tractors and farmers.

The insane market has overwhelmed salesmen. I have “cash in hand” to buy a fully loaded Polaris UTV. I cannot get a salesman to call me back. I have “cash in hand” to build a new 24x40 garage and I CANNOT get a contractor to call me back OR tell me that they can do the job before winter (this includes the Steel buildings built by illegals). Just be patient and be ready with a down payment and/or verified funds to pay ASAP. My Mooney effectively sold in five minutes after it posted on Barnstormers a couple months ago.
I've got cash in hand too. Don't believe in borrowing for "toys." If I wanted to borrow I wouldn't be slumming around looking at a Beech Sport.

Of all the aircraft dealers/private sellers I've ever contacted, Select was the only one to snub me twice. Seemed odd to me. Maybe saying cash buyer in the email turned them off, since they seemingly want to push their financing more than the planes themselves.

I looked at a few of their airplanes on their website. Their website is horrendous. I'm in the tech/startup scene and a business consultant - nobody with a website like that should get any business lol. One thing I noticed that really struck me as off was this: I found the owner's Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/danstuart4?lang=en
Looks like a decent young man, only that the photo is a stock image (see here: https://www.pngplay.com/image/2792). The owner doesn't seem to be real, therefore I wonder about their inventory of planes.

I looked at a few of their airplanes on their website. Their website is horrendous. I'm in the tech/startup scene and a business consultant - nobody with a website like that should get any business lol. One thing I noticed that really struck me as off was this: I found the owner's Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/danstuart4?lang=en
Looks like a decent young man, only that the photo is a stock image (see here: https://www.pngplay.com/image/2792). The owner doesn't seem to be real, therefore I wonder about their inventory of planes.
Wow, talk about a red flag ...

Well, to add to this. I’ve been trying for 3 days to buy a Mooney M20C he has listed on TAP. It’s not on his site so this isnt looking too good.

Has anyone every dealt with these guys before?

selectairinc.com

Reputable?
Let me confirm without equivocation that they are a total scam. It’s taken me almost a week to get them to look at my plane and they still asked to look at logs. The plane I wanted to buy from them has been sold in the meantime. Avoid them!

I navigated to the "Piper Singles" page to find that the first aircraft listed was a Seneca II. Nope.

To continue the old thread. I saw a single engine beech on TAP listed by them, but not on their site a month or so ago but figured I'd still ask. I emailed asking for more details and inquired why it was on TAP but not their site. No response. The same exact aircraft and pictures just went back on TAP a few days ago so I emailed again but didn't mention the lack of it on their website. Got a response almost immediately asking me to fill out financing paperwork and saying the plane is available for me to look at, just need to give them notice. I asked to see the logbooks first before I made the trip to the plane or filled out finance paperwork. He said the logbooks would be emailed on Monday. Never happened! Wednesday I get another email telling me the plane is still available and they would like me to get the finance paperwork started. I replied re-emphasizing I want to see logbooks first before even considering filling out paperwork. I also pointed out that the plane is not on their site and that it was listed a month or two ago on TAP. I asked if the previous buyer backed out, what concerns they had (although I doubt the seller would discuss that) and if there was a reason it wasn't selling in this market (also something I don't really expect a 100% honest answer on). So far, no new emails. I'll be shocked if I get copies of the logbooks sent to me.

To continue the old thread. I saw a single engine beech on TAP listed by them, but not on their site a month or so ago but figured I'd still ask. I emailed asking for more details and inquired why it was on TAP but not their site. No response. The same exact aircraft and pictures just went back on TAP a few days ago so I emailed again but didn't mention the lack of it on their website. Got a response almost immediately asking me to fill out financing paperwork and saying the plane is available for me to look at, just need to give them notice. I asked to see the logbooks first before I made the trip to the plane or filled out finance paperwork. He said the logbooks would be emailed on Monday. Never happened! Wednesday I get another email telling me the plane is still available and they would like me to get the finance paperwork started. I replied re-emphasizing I want to see logbooks first before even considering filling out paperwork. I also pointed out that the plane is not on their site and that it was listed a month or two ago on TAP. I asked if the previous buyer backed out, what concerns they had (although I doubt the seller would discuss that) and if there was a reason it wasn't selling in this market (also something I don't really expect a 100% honest answer on). So far, no new emails. I'll be shocked if I get copies of the logbooks sent to me.
They really like their financing that's a common thread here. What type of Beech? Might be the same one that I got drawn to them last spring.

Data mining? People need to learn to protect their personal data more, instead of handing it out like candy. As things get more digital this will become more important in the future.

Up thread I gave them a little latitude but since then there are a few other forums where many are saying to avoid them like the plague - or in our world COVID...

The was another story similar to what you're saying here.. Another where they weren't going for a pre-buy at the local shop @ KAJO where the plane was saying they had their own guy in Las Vegas that would do it for them... and they never showed up to let the person look at the plane.

All hearsay and not admissible, but hearing it more often than not.

Some years back they was a real shady guy (broker) operating out of KAJO, wonder if he has resurfaced...

Were you looking at the Sundowner?

They really like their financing that's a common thread here. What type of Beech? Might be the same one that I got drawn to them last spring.
It is a Sundowner. Still on TAP right now but too many red flags for me unless they fly it to my local airport for me to look at it as I have zero faith they actually have the plane. I'd also likely go through a different financing company even if they did fly it to me to see in person just because I get a bad feeling they are too quick to push their own financing.

Data mining? People need to learn to protect their personal data more, instead of handing it out like candy. As things get more digital this will become more important in the future.
My thoughts exactly. Something doesn't smell right with the correspondence we have already had so I can easily walk away at this point.

Up thread I gave them a little latitude but since then there are a few other forums where many are saying to avoid them like the plague - or in our world COVID...

The was another story similar to what you're saying here.. Another where they weren't going for a pre-buy at the local shop @ KAJO where the plane was saying they had their own guy in Las Vegas that would do it for them... and they never showed up to let the person look at the plane.

All hearsay and not admissible, but hearing it more often than not.

Some years back they was a real shady guy (broker) operating out of KAJO, wonder if he has resurfaced...

Were you looking at the Sundowner?
Yep, I'll admit, I'm only casually looking at planes right now as it seems like nothing that would fit my mission is actually in my budget. If it is in my budget it's got a high time engine, avionics possibly still using tubes, or has been sitting so long I'm concerned of corrosion in the "low time engine". The current market is nuts and while I'm mostly ready to make a purchase, I'm realistically thinking it won't happen for a while.

Yep, I'll admit, I'm only casually looking at planes right now as it seems like nothing that would fit my mission is actually in my budget. If it is in my budget it's got a high time engine, avionics possibly still using tubes, or has been sitting so long I'm concerned of corrosion in the "low time engine". The current market is nuts and while I'm mostly ready to make a purchase, I'm realistically thinking it won't happen for a while.

Fyi. you’re gonna need to raise your sights, imo. Not sayin’. Just sayin’.

It is a Sundowner. Still on TAP right now but too many red flags for me unless they fly it to my local airport for me to look at it as I have zero faith they actually have the plane. I'd also likely go through a different financing company even if they did fly it to me to see in person just because I get a bad feeling they are too quick to push their own financing.

Few guys from KCMA looked at it this past summer when the original owner was selling it.. From what I understood, it has a great pedigree(current logs etc...), but has sat for a long time and needed a lot of work other than the engine that could end up making it more than what it was worth..

There is another one on Barnstomers that I think is at L70.. little dated in avionics department.

Where are you located...

Few guys from KCMA looked at it this past summer when the original owner was selling it.. From what I understood, it has a great pedigree(current logs etc...), but has sat for a long time and needed a lot of work other than the engine that could end up making it more than what it was worth..

There is another one on Barnstomers that I think is at L70.. little dated in avionics department.

Where are you located...
I'm at KCMA now. Renting from CFI, but if the right airplane presents itself, I'd much rather own. Just tired of having to worry about scheduling a plane and while it's nice that the place has multiple planes it means I have to re-acquaint myself every time I get into a different plane. Switches move, some have different avionics, some with traffic, some without, all good planes, but I'm sure I'd be more comfortable if I flew the same plane all the time. Also, if I have my own, I could leave stuff in the plane and not have to worry about it.

I'm at KCMA now. Renting from CFI, but if the right airplane presents itself, I'd much rather own. Just tired of having to worry about scheduling a plane and while it's nice that the place has multiple planes it means I have to re-acquaint myself every time I get into a different plane. Switches move, some have different avionics, some with traffic, some without, all good planes, but I'm sure I'd be more comfortable if I flew the same plane all the time. Also, if I have my own, I could leave stuff in the plane and not have to worry about it.

KCMA/CFI too AAMOF flying safety pilot with another guy today in one of the Diamonds.

Check you PM.... lets hook up

I was just implying that the person who typed that nonsense must have been on drugs. It made no sense at all.

Back