Rough River 2022 (2I3) 4/22 - 4/24

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
that's right! can't say you didn't have enough notice!

after this year I'm thinking we may have to book under another name. taking suggestions but maybe something like:

The Peoples order Assembly of the Exalted Holy Mother Missionary of the Peaceful Spirit Church of Compassionate Faith People who are definitely not pilots of America

or

Professional Bowlers Association (maybe we can get an edfred discount?)

or

The Most Well Behaved People of America Club

4/22 - 4/24 is the weekend after Easter, does anyone see an issue with this? if not, mark it down, submit the vacation days, start training the liver and work on that hot sauce tolerance.

also this year we will include a fund raiser for a new camping chair for Mrs. @Jim K , who for some strange reason got a little frisky around the fire.

EDIT: 11/15/2021, you can now book your room/cabin. "the first loop" is where we try to fill up the cabins 1st, as they are closer to the runway.

DISCOUNT CODE: 2632 - mention that when you call and book.

Last edited:
In, on the calendar. They are going to let us back in, right? RIIIIGHT?

4/22 - 4/24 is the weekend after Easter, does anyone see an issue with this? if not, mark it down, submit the vacation days, start training the liver and work on that hot sauce tolerance.

also this year we will include a fund raiser for a new camping chair for Mrs. @Jim K , who for some strange reason got a little frisky around the fire.
I should know by 4/20 if I can make it.

If it makes you feel any better, that chair was a freebie from a seed company, like my hat, and my cooler, and....

after this year I'm thinking we may have to book under another name. taking suggestions but maybe something like
Pescatarians of America

That won't seem fishy at all.

that's right! can't say you didn't have enough notice!

after this year I'm thinking we may have to book under another name. taking suggestions but maybe something like:

The Peoples order Assembly of the Exalted Holy Mother Missionary of the Peaceful Spirit Church of Compassionate Faith People who are definitely not pilots of America

or

Professional Bowlers Association (maybe we can get an edfred discount?)

or

The Most Well Behaved People of America Club

How about “Pilots in America”... they’ll never figure it out...

.. aaaand I’m in

Tell them it’s Pilotos de Amerika... clearly a different organization.

Oh, and Ed said he bets me $50 I won’t be there and if history is any indicator, he’d be right, but that’s going to change this time. :)

Tell them it’s Pilotos de Amerika... clearly a different organization.

Oh, and Ed said he bets me $50 I won’t be there and if history is any indicator, he’d be right, but that’s going to change this time. :)

yeah, just like @SCCutler makes it to 6Y9 every year he says he's going to make it.

It’s on the calendar for me!

Why does everything have to be on the east side of the Mississippi River? It's over 800 miles, almost 8 hours there, probably 2 days back.

I’m in again (and hope Mary has a short memory)

Reserve the place under Daughters of the American Revolution. They’ll never suspect anything.

Cheers

Why does everything have to be on the east side of the Mississippi River? It's over 800 miles, almost 8 hours there, probably 2 days back.

Pilot population density. DEN-SFO is also over 800 miles.

Gaston's is west of the Mississippi.

You arrange a fly in in Wichita and I'll do my best to get there.

On my calendar

I'm definitely, tentatively, almost certainly in.

How about the Judean People's Front? Or the People's Front of Judea?

I'm afraid to show up to one of these things. My lameness would really.....not matter with how crazy it sounds like you guys are.

If it makes you feel any better, that chair was a freebie from a seed company, like my hat, and my cooler, and....

Nothing useful to add except to say...

You know why farmers don't wear steel toed boots?
Because chemical companies don't give them away for free.

-Signed,
Former farmer AND chemical salesman

Being from Kentucky and pretty new to POA, just curious how Rough River got picked for the places to meet up?

Being from Kentucky and pretty new to POA, just curious how Rough River got picked for the places to meet up?

So we started out at Kentucky Dam then someone said “hey I think rough river might be better” and so that’s kinda how it happened. I ‘think’ that person ‘might’ have been @tmyers but my memory may be foggy at times. All times.

So we started out at Kentucky Dam then someone said “hey I think rough river might be better” and so that’s kinda how it happened. I ‘think’ that person ‘might’ have been @tmyers but my memory may be foggy at times. All times.
Oh that's cool, Ky Dam is where I grew up , spent my whole life on that lake. Just cool that a place in Kentucky was picked.

Oh that's cool, Ky Dam is where I grew up , spent my whole life on that lake. Just cool that a place in Kentucky was picked.

Also if my foggy memory serves me well, @Bill might have come up with Kentucky dam but again I’m not the greatest fly-in historian.

@eman1200 lives in NC and I live in TX.
He was thirsty one day and I said I have a drink for you if you want it.
@Eman said "What's half way between us?"

Here is the origin of it all.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...entucky-dam-airfield-fly-in-be-called.105846/
That is a pretty cool thread! I have a lot of friends ay M34 Ky Dam. They have added fuel tanks now so you can buy fuel now and in the process of building hangars as well, something to keep in mind for future events. My favorite part is the flying club has a new to them warrior and everyone just calls it the "Dam Plane" lol

@eman1200 lives in NC and I live in TX.
He was thirsty one day and I said I have a drink for you if you want it.
@Eman said "What's half way between us?"

Here is the origin of it all.
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...entucky-dam-airfield-fly-in-be-called.105846/

so I went thru that thread and there were quite a few regulars who expressed interest yet haven't made it once over the last 4 years..........I guess not shocking but still, step it up, people!

@JCranford (where's he been?)
@Stingray Don
@FlyingElvii
@N659HB

among other. tsk tsk, shame on you's guys!

We moved to rough river because the cabins are close to the airport. At the other dam park, the airport was so far you needed a ride to get between the cabins and the airport

@JCranford is ferrying planes all over the U.S. now.

JCranford: I’m gonna be a few days late
Client: What happened
JC: I stopped at Rough River for gas and got kidnapped
Client: That’s terrible, are you Ok
JC: A few bruises and rope burns. They tied me to the Beacon and ran around hootin and hollerin Ride em Cowboy. There were other things I’m just not ready to talk about yet
Client: So when are you going to get here
JC: I’m having a pair of Buck Naked Underwear FedEx’d express delivery. When it gets here I’ll be there the next day

Last edited:
We moved to rough river because the cabins are close to the airport. At the other dam park, the airport was so far you needed a ride to get between the cabins and the airport
That is true, cabins are much further away at ky dam. Some where else you might want to consider one day is Lake Barkley state resort park, they have airport and lots of cabins as well, golf etc, spent many days there in meetings back in the day plus running a check station. It is just south of ky dam but on lake Barkley obviously. Same problem is cabins aren't close, but it is a change of scenery from time to time.

Back