which weekend

• 4/23-25

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/30 - 5/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rr2021-jpg.95964

Names for the faces? I'll take a shot from seated left to right.
Dwight Eisenhower, Cowdude, Cowchick, Guy wearing gray shirt, Gray shirt's wife, sort of looks like Dave, younger dude, Eman, Maroon shirt guy, Don't suck guy, Cool Beard guy, Briany, Kevin, Blue shirt guy.

Okay, I took a shot. You guys can fill in the blanks.
"Younger dude" and "gray shirts wife" are me & the mrs. We did a poor job of standing near each other.

I'll let others identify themselves as desired.

Just landed at home. Had a little rain on the way back but overall it was a pretty nice flight.

So what day do we do this next year?

Attachments

• ED32FE1B-2959-4CD1-A115-1DEA64CDB64B.jpeg
    ED32FE1B-2959-4CD1-A115-1DEA64CDB64B.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 21
Sue and I are safe at home after a great weekend. Thanks to everyone.
Bit of ice enroute when we discovered the prop heat on left prop was inop. It does vibrate in that condition C005AB97-937D-4B32-9956-11A316EAAE67.jpeg

rr2021-jpg.95964

Dwight Eisenhower, Cowdude, Cowchick, Guy wearing gray shirt, Gray shirt's wife, sort of looks like Dave, younger dude, Eman, Maroon shirt guy, Don't suck guy, Cool Beard guy, Briany, Kevin, Blue shirt guy.

Sue and I were there. Honest!

rr2021-jpg.95964

Actually Dwight Eisenhower is Gen George Patton (at least according to the profile testing I underwent back in the day). x3skier.

I’ll let the rest self identify if they aren’t afraid of being entered in the FBI data base of known suspects.

Cheers

Thanks Jim. Like I said, I took a shot. ;)
You were probably in the restaurant pic which I'm not going to attempt. Way too many people and more to offend. Mr. Eisenhower - no offense intended.
No offense taken...it was the most reasonable assumption. The waitress at the restaurant this morning assumed she was @Lance F 's wife. She got to ride in the 414 this weekend, so I think she considered it....

rr2021-jpg.95964

rick (seated), cowman, mrs cowman, crash7, mrs jimk, dave, farmer jimk, eman who's always friggin eating. do u EVER stop eating?!?, kayoh, masloki, kaiser, 6er, radar contact, edfred.

Lance/Sue missing, Skyrys missing.

Thanks eman. EdFred....now I have a face for the guy who thinks almost exactly as I do. ;)

Envious having to miss this weekend, hope all have safe travels

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I just abandoned my plane in jonesboro arkansas. Now in an Uber headed to Memphis so I can commercial back to Dallas.

I just abandoned my plane in jonesboro arkansas. Now in an Uber headed to Memphis so I can commercial back to Dallas.

My hometown before Tucson became my home town. What happened? Was it the oil issue again that I must have missed the cause of?

When is the what happens at Rough River stays at Rough River stuff going to be released?

I don't recall anything interesting this year.
@Radar Contact , @eman1200 do you guys remember anything happening? I think it was just conversation and food. Nothing else comes to mind.

By the way I went back this morning and cleaned up the items I "dropped" when I went jogging into the woods for exercise. Didn't want you to think I litter.

@Radar Contact , @eman1200 do you guys remember anything happening? I think it was just conversation and food. Nothing else comes to mind.

By the way I went back this morning and cleaned up the items I "dropped" when I went jogging into the woods for exercise. Didn't want you to think I litter.

we heard some people on the other side of the lake lighting fireworks but that's about it. oh and I think it got a little cool the first night. other than that, just some intellectual conversation.

Aw c’mon, gimme sumpin. Eman got drunk and said he was thinking about buying a Cessna. Someone backtaxied and pizzed someone off. Buck naked underwear was found in the wrong cabin. Someone said, hey Sac, and eman said, what?

One person slipped and fell once and we had a good laugh while at the same time being concerned for their well being. Weak ankles I think.

My lips are still a little sore.

rick (seated), cowman, mrs cowman, crash7, mrs jimk, dave, farmer jimk, eman who's always friggin eating. do u EVER stop eating?!?, kayoh, masloki, kaiser, 6er, radar contact, edfred.

I don’t know... I’m partial to “Cool Beard Guy”

The only pictures Teresa took (she was quite impressed with the big Cessna):
IMG_20210501_115413708.jpg IMG_20210501_141552680_HDR.jpg
Got a couple nice shots in the Golden hour
20210430_185613.jpg
Had tailwind both ways, which I'm sure I'll pay for on my next trip.
IMG_20210430_143337998-1.jpg

Seriously, there were other shots except you were obscured by chicken plate and potato salad.

And you killed it on the list. Mine is closer to guy who flies planes, guy who flies planes, wife of guy that lets him fly planes, guy who....

Well now it comes clear why @eman1200 dislikes me...
His Yankees hat does not meld with my avatar!! :D

Our day trip was good with a monster tail wind, somewhat offset by my learning experience that Chicago center IFR routing prefers me overflying Rockford airport instead of Ohare. On the way back, hat tip RC, as Chicago approach was expecting me and was working on the bravo clearance. Ultimately too much iron to let me overfly, so I got my first night time, sky line tour. Landing out, winds at 9 pm were 20g30 and filled with bugs and pollen, so that was miserable, but still pulled off a decent landing.

Just looked at the weather.

Good call, Bryan. We like you breathing.

Made it home. Had a pretty bad headwind but it was very smooth up in the flight levels.

The cost of not having an instrument rating finally hit my pocketbook but as my father said when I called him and told him my plan today "there's no shame in being alive"

View attachment 95990

It looks better now, I think you should go get back and get it. :)

Good decision, Bryan.

BrYan. From the looks of that line of thunderboomers, IR wouldn’t have made a difference. Good decision to park it.

Cheers

Made it home. Had a pretty bad headwind but it was very smooth up in the flight levels.

The cost of not having an instrument rating finally hit my pocketbook but as my father said when I called him and told him my plan today "there's no shame in being alive"

View attachment 95990

At first I had the direction wrong, then I realized someone screwed up and set the map to track-up. ;)

If that line was moving into your path then an IR wouldn't help that much. You might be able to still swing around it to the north depending upon the speed of the line, but going through it definitely a no-go. I've swung around quite a bit of weather in a SR22 or Baron. I've spent a night in a hotel I wasn't planning on being due to a line like that before too.

You can always go back another nice VFR day and get the plane.

Wayne

we heard some people on the other side of the lake lighting fireworks but that's about it. oh and I think it got a little cool the first night. other than that, just some intellectual conversation.

Now that is an oxymoron with this group!

Back