Time to get plastic card

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I passed my CPL checkride the first week of April and am waiting for my little green card.

Looking at the FAA site for the past couple weeks it went:

March 17, 2021
March 25, 2021
March 30, 2021

and then it jumped way forward saying today, "We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately April 25, 2021."

Mine has still not updated in the system.

Is this an error? I have never seen it jump 3+ weeks like this.

Log into IACRA and see what it says the status of your application is. That will tell you if your application has been processed or not, but won’t tell you how long until it is processed.

IACRA just says it has been received. A friend who passed a checkride on 3/31 is in the system now so hopefully they'll get to me in the next few days.

My CFI renewal was completed 3/6, along with IACRA application. The FAA database says "issued 3/15". It didn't show up on the record until maybe 4/15-16 (I don't remember exactly), and I got my new plastic card in the mail last week, maybe the 20th. I wouldn't sweat it just yet.

I passed my CPL checkride the first week of April and am waiting for my little green card.

Looking at the FAA site for the past couple weeks it went:

March 17, 2021
March 25, 2021
March 30, 2021

and then it jumped way forward saying today, "We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately April 25, 2021."

Mine has still not updated in the system.

Is this an error? I have never seen it jump 3+ weeks like this.

Apparently every time you check, it gets pushed back by 3 days automatically. ;)

Btw, congrats!

IACRA just says it has been received. A friend who passed a checkride on 3/31 is in the system now so hopefully they'll get to me in the next few days.

Call Airman Records and let them know you’d like to check on your application. They’ll let you know the real time status and if it was sent back.

If it was done in ICARA then it’s most likely on its way. However, ICARA is known to sometimes screw up albeit rarely. If it was done in paper then it’s a 50/50 shot if it got kicked back for corrections.

If you haven’t seen the plastic at 120 days then call your local FSDO so they can issue a new temporary.

Yep, refreshing the temporary is a non-brainer for the FSDO. I had to do that (of course, after I went to the effort to do that, the hard card came a day before the temporary would have been up anyhow).

I was about to start a thread like this and thought "no - you're an adult. You can search the forums first." I didn't know the FAA had a page saying what they're processing, so that was a total win (https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/ FYI) so thanks! My temporary airman's certificate was issued on 6/4 so it'll be a little while yet (FAA says May 15th).

@DesertNomad can I assume you've gotten yours by now?

I've had to get a temporary authority fax when a second plastic cert got lost. No big deal.

Fax? Really? My FSDO sends everything by email now. Including my new "permanent" airworthiness certificate.

The regs used to say telegram, and the FAA sent mea fax when I lost my wallet.
Now the regs say fax, and they use emails.

Everything is behind the times.

Back