Chicago-area pilots: Grand Geneva for dinner

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Hello Illinois Pilots,

I am going to drop by the Grand Geneva Resort for dinner tonight, April 25. We would love to see you!
I will be flying the club warrior, N38968. I hope to see you at the Chop House. If you call security, they will pick you up by the runway on the resort property.

Lake Geneva is lovely this time of year!

ApacheBob

Next time! Had way too many spring chores to sneak out today.

I'd be there in a heartbeat if I didn't still have 500 acres of beans to plant. Next time!

I just came in from another trip. Next time for me too!

I saw this too late, and was busy placing 4th in city tourney.

Little too short notice for me. Sounds like a fun trip. Hopefully in the future some of us can get together.

How was the runway? Last friend of mine that flew there said that it was questionable at best last year. Of course she doesn’t fly off grass much.

How was the runway?
I'd love to hear that, too. The last couple of times I enquired, they had events (a car show, if memory serves) at the resort and said the runway would be closed (needed for parking), so I flew into Burlington, WI instead.
Grand Geneva sounds like a great destination to fly into, but check with the resort on runway status before you go.

- Martin

I'd love to hear that, too. The last couple of times I enquired, they had events (a car show, if memory serves) at the resort and said the runway would be closed (needed for parking), so I flew into Burlington, WI instead.
Grand Geneva sounds like a great destination to fly into, but check with the resort on runway status before you go.

- Martin

MP will we be seeing u at Rough River this weekend? We need a German fill-in.

I shot an approach and have also landed there. The trees will get your attention if you are breaking out at minimums. Runway was okay. Not great, and markings worn off, but I was flying a rental and wasn't too worried.

And how is that Grand Geneva has an approach and not Rough River??

Thinking of hitting Bessies or Jet Center Monday mid-AM if anyone is interested.

Thinking of hitting Bessies or Jet Center Monday mid-AM if anyone is interested.
Those are both on my to-do list. What time are you thinking?

Those are both on my to-do list. What time are you thinking?
I’m bringing my 1st CFI out and he refuses to meet me at the airport before 8 o_O

So best guess is well depart 830 - which would be 905 at JVL or 925 at MSN.

Weekends are better for me so can’t make it. But we should keep posting these up too.

Weekends are better for me so can’t make it. But we should keep posting these up too.
I just got the ultimatum that I’ve been gone too many weekends. I guess Rough River was the last straw... so I took Monday off!

We can keep this thread up for future coordination.

I get a pass if I can go out and be back before she does her weekend wake up, which is usually whenever I get back. :cool:

Back