Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

107889041_3373017666113433_3115537401427190151_n.jpg

Remember the 172 body on the VW bug chassis?

This is what they did with the bug body.
934ac03ccecebe00d376c1e862f96b65.jpg

My 1971 Volvo 142E still uses points AND a condenser too!:) The points need to be tweaked occasionally but that system has worked for me over the 50+ years since I bought the car and over 560,000 miles.

My 1971 Volvo 142E still uses points AND a condenser too!:) The points need to be tweaked occasionally but that system has worked for me over the 50+ years since I bought the car and over 560,000 miles.

but it's really really old technology!

Somewhere in my stash of high dollar and obsolete race parts I have a dual point distributor that came out of a Corvette that had a 283 high performance engine that produced a terrorizing 220 HP as rated by GM.

My '65 Buick had a little window on the side of the distributor cap that allowed an Allen wrench to be used to adjust the points. A GREAT innovation! Adjusting them on my '71 Volvo requires taking the cap and rotor off, barely tweaking the points, then re-assemble to see that you went to far!!!

Ok. Back to jokes. I'll kickstart it with the one and only original, first ever, inaugural friday is joke day joke. No more plagiarzing allowed

An Amish boy and his father were visiting a nearby mall. They were amazed by
almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny silver walls that
moved apart and back together again by themselves.
The lad asked, "What is this, father?"
The father (having never seen an elevator) responded, "I have no idea what
it is."
While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a
wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls
opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed
and the boy and his father watched as small circles lit up above the walls.
The walls opened up again and a beautiful twenty-four-year-old woman stepped
out.
The father looked at his son anxiously and said, "Go get your mother."

Back