Dynon Certified Install

edessa

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
edessa
Looking for a place close to Cleveland Ohio (KCGF) to install a Dynon IFR package in a Mooney. Got a quote from Quality Avionics at KBVI but will like a second and possibly a third quote for comparison form a shop that has installed Dynon before.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd have a talk with Jesse Saint of this forum about any Dynon install. I believe he's in Florida, but he seems to know those systems better than anyone.

Feel free to email me and I can give you a quote.

Hope you don’t mind edessa but I wanted to suggest you look into the limitations of the GM342. If you will be going to Oshkosh and you haven’t done the install, you can take The Big Brand Challenge at our booth where you can see first hand.
Otherwise, please free to call us and I’d be glad to talk to you about the importance of the audio panel.
Thanks
Mark

Hope you don’t mind edessa but I wanted to suggest you look into the limitations of the GM342. If you will be going to Oshkosh and you haven’t done the install, you can take The Big Brand Challenge at our booth where you can see first hand.
Otherwise, please free to call us and I’d be glad to talk to you about the importance of the audio panel.
Thanks
Mark
Mark,
Thank you for your input.
No decision has been made yet and will not be going to Oshkosh this year. Definitely looking at all options.
The Mooney is a friends plane and I have been doing his annuals and all maintenance on it. Just looking out for him. I would actual like to instal the Dynon system myself but the sticking point will be the GPS since Garmin won't warranty anyone not being a dealer. Wish Dynon offered a GPS navigator. Ultimately it's not my decision.
Thanks again.
Ioannis,

Jesse is installing a dual HDX in my TR182 along with a Dynon autopilot. Can't say enough good things about Saint Aviation. Also, the 450B audio panel is the best you can get. Just swapped out my 800b for one. Big difference.

I am looking for similar quote for C182P - Dynon setup almost exactly what you have. What was the total install and hardware cost? Any advice for me?

Contact me next week, please. I’m at KOSH this week.

I’ll be in and out if the Dynon booth through Wednesday, then heading home.

Back