R-44 down in PA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mcall.com/news/pennsylvania/mc-nws-pa-helicopter-crashes-wyoming-20210423-l4nu25rwwzanpbjonqeg6i2dq4-story.html?outputType=amp

Ugh. Can’t believe this. Casually know this guy. Didn’t realize he was flying helicopters now. Used to be based out of our airport with flying fixed wing stuff.

RIP to what sounds like a very nice man in a career helping others.

While I shouldn’t be surprised, the part that really disgusted me was the line about speaking to his wife before state police even confirmed a death.
I know journalism has a timeliness aspect, but human decency ought to overrule that...sadly, it clearly doesn’t.

Looks like he flew into crappy weather at night in a vfr helicopter. Very sad. RIP

Looks like he flew into crappy weather at night in a vfr helicopter. Very sad. RIP
That might be it. Plus that part of the world is very dark at night. Not a lot of lit terrain at night. He flew to work in it. Several flights a week back and forth. Was instrument rated I believe but a whole different beast in a VFR chopper I guess. Sad.

That might be it. Plus that part of the world is very dark at night. Not a lot of lit terrain at night. He flew to work in it. Several flights a week back and forth. Was instrument rated I believe but a whole different beast in a VFR chopper I guess. Sad.

Sounds like one of those incremental things that one day just gets you. In other words you do it and it works out fine, then one day it doesn't.

Last edited:
RIP to what sounds like a very nice man in a career helping others.

While I shouldn’t be surprised, the part that really disgusted me was the line about speaking to his wife before state police even confirmed a death.
I know journalism has a timeliness aspect, but human decency ought to overrule that...sadly, it clearly doesn’t.

Huh?
Usha Kansara told The Morning Call she learned from state police Thursday that the Robinson R44 helicopter piloted by her husband, Dr. Sanjay Kansara, had crashed in a remote area of Wyoming County while flying from the Queen City Municipal Airport in Allentown to his job at a Bradford County hospital.

Back