More stupid adsb tricks

Mine filed a flight plan yesterday apparently. Wife called me and asked why i was in Maryland LOL. First time i have seen that. Flight plan was filed for 230 kts (my 172 wont even do that pointing straight down)

That's interesting. The same track is showing up in FlightAware for both tail numbers.

The actual ADS-B data is showing n97396.. So odds are the controller punched it in wrong on flight following.

Used to happen to me a couple times a year. Always a plane out of Leesburg, FL. I assumed someone fat fingered while entering FF or a flightplan.

A couple times a year, I get a text or phone call from the S.O. asking why I'm flying at such-and-such instead of at work, etc. My advice: don't ever teach your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/non-pilot S.O. about Flightaware.

I had an odd experience the other day. We were up flying my six year old grandson around (I wasn't ever able to get my daughter interested in aviation, but I'm corrupting her sons). I headed up toward our local class D airport intending to show the baseball stadium that sits in the middle of it. But we decided to go look at something else so I turned away right before I got to the class D and started off in a different direction. I had already tuned in the tower but handn't called them. A citation calls in and was cleared to land. He asks about a plane in front of him and the tower says he's not working anybody. He says ZTL says that N5327K looked like he was heading for the field. I called in and said, yes I'm out here but no I'm not going into the class D.

So you want to deceive the one you love? That’s not a good practice.
Huh? No! Perhaps I wasn’t clear, but I’m saying they think your flying when your not, due to errors like discussed in this thread.

Mine filed a flight plan yesterday apparently. Wife called me and asked why i was in Maryland LOL. First time i have seen that. Flight plan was filed for 230 kts...

Hmmm. That's better than owning a self driving car. :)

Standard computer situation, garbage in, garbage out.

getting common to see pilots heads down on their iPads sequencing themselves into uncontrolled fields. Not great.

Sounds like we now need ADSB “Identity Protection” insurance :)

Back