Apalachicola hangar availability? KAAF

Cluemeister

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Cluemeister
Contacted the FBO, and they said there's a waiting list, but didn't seem to go into much detail. Does anyone know how long the wait list is there? Does anyone ever sublet their hangar (i.e. for offseason)? Would the local EAA chapter be a good resource?

Not many airports real close & convenient. Have you tried others a bit of a drive away?

Contacted the FBO, and they said there's a waiting list, but didn't seem to go into much detail. Does anyone know how long the wait list is there? Does anyone ever sublet their hangar (i.e. for offseason)? Would the local EAA chapter be a good resource?

Contact them again and ask more questions. Maybe they don’t manage the hangars. Franklin County owns the airport. Quick google search turned up 3 phone numbers. 850-290-8282, 850-653-9783 and what seems like the best bet 850-653-1366. Airnav says that’s Jason, the airport manager. That being said, EAA chapter would probably be an excellent choice.

Not many airports real close & convenient. Have you tried others a bit of a drive away?

Would love to fly directly into St. George Island, as this is where we end up, but not a property owner at the Plantation, and they don't have hangars there. :(

“Is there hangars available?”

Answer: No.

Uh, where are we talking about again? Does one even need to specify with that question?

Mr Snarky, who’s been on several lists for over three years.

Title of the thread: Apalachicola hangar availability? KAAF

Since Mr. Snarky's "been on several lists for over three years" I guessing that one went over your head.

I think he was saying that it doesn't matter where you ask about hangar availability, there are no hangars available anywhere. As the saying goes, the joke isn't as funny if you have to explain it. :)

I'm hoping to get some information on the odds of getting a hangar at KAAF, and usually there is some local knowledge that is really helpful in that regard.

I think he was saying that it doesn't matter where you ask about hangar availability, there are no hangars available anywhere. As the saying goes, the joke isn't as funny if you have to explain it. :)

I'm hoping to get some information on the odds of getting a hangar at KAAF, and usually there is some local knowledge that is really helpful in that regard.

Have you called those Airport Manager numbers I posted above? The local EAA Chapter is 1646. 703-678-6042. b.a.graham@comcast.net

I think he was saying that it doesn't matter where you ask about hangar availability, there are no hangars available anywhere.

Not sure where you are located, but about 60mi north is Blountstown. Plenty of hangars there a couple months ago.

You might also look at Sandy Creek. It's private but I knew a guy there who just built a 4 plane hangar and had room he was looking to fill.

Have you called those Airport Manager numbers I posted above? The local EAA Chapter is 1646. 703-678-6042. b.a.graham@comcast.net
I did go to the airport and speak to the guy behind the desk. I also contacted the EAA chapter president, waiting to hear back. I have not called the 703 number or used that email. I will now thanks!

Not sure where you are located, but about 60mi north is Blountstown. Plenty of hangars there a couple months ago.

You might also look at Sandy Creek. It's private but I knew a guy there who just built a 4 plane hangar and had room he was looking to fill.

Thanks for the local tip. Unfortunately we are committed to Apalachicola or the St. George private strip for ease of access to a home nearby.

Maybe you need to go rural & erect a sunshade of sorts over the plane? Yes, may have to redo it after a storm.

OBTW, enjoyed the KAAF area back in late Dec.

Back