Vans RV9 IFR Napa to Santa Rosa

Peter Anderson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SVTPete83
Where I currently live I have the advantage of being able to keep my currency with actual IMC. It’s awesome! Here was a practice flight this morning. Single pilot IFR in an experiment! Feel free to pick my skills apart. I find mistakes every flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice plane, did you build it? Nitpickwise, 425 feet per second??:yikes:lol, of course you meant to say minute.
That Clockwise thing on the SID is not about which direction they will vector you after you’re airborne. It’s about the initial heading to fly on departure. If they say nothing then it is 242. Or they may assign you something different. If they do it will be somewhere from 130 to 270.
When you set up the Approach you said you won’t need the Course Reversal. You couldn’t really know that yet. They ended up giving you vector to final, so it turned out you didn’t. But they could have just given you Direct LUSEE and cleared you without saying straight in and then you would have.
You turned on the strobes when you were getting ready to descend into the goo, or maybe you turned them off, I don’t remember for sure. Anyway, if you’ve never heard of it, Google ‘flicker vertigo’

Nice plane, did you build it? Nitpickwise, 425 feet per second??:yikes:lol, of course you meant to say minute.
That Clockwise thing on the SID is not about which direction they will vector you after you’re airborne. It’s about the initial heading to fly on departure. If they say nothing then it is 242. Or they may assign you something different. If they do it will be somewhere from 130 to 270.
When you set up the Approach you said you won’t need the Course Reversal. You couldn’t really know that yet. They ended up giving you vector to final, so it turned out you didn’t. But they could have just given you Direct LUSEE and cleared you without saying straight in and then you would have.
You turned on the strobes when you were getting ready to descend into the goo, or maybe you turned them off, I don’t remember for sure. Anyway, if you’ve never heard of it, Google ‘flicker vertigo’

Yes I love the feedback! Thanks for watching. I didn’t build the plane. (Not that talented lol). I guess I just assumed since I was being vectored and from the direction I was coming from there would be no procedure turn. Good info on the departure heading. Strobes were on the entire time. On a low light flight they definitely come off as that can really mess me up. Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I love the ILS at Santa Rosa. Where else do you get a chance to make the call "Pigpen inbound?"

Yes! Love all the peanuts names going in there!

That was an awesome video! Helpful for me as I'm getting my IFR currency back. What camera/mount are you using under the wing? It was so cool how you could pan around but without the fisheye effect of some 360 cameras.

That was an awesome video! Helpful for me as I'm getting my IFR currency back. What camera/mount are you using under the wing? It was so cool how you could pan around but without the fisheye effect of some 360 cameras.

MyPilotPro Mount Bundle for GoPro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A09WBAW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_943G2ZESE5RH901SSPPD

Here is the mount I have. I don’t remember it being that expensive! The GoPro Max is a really sweet can. Lots of ability. Thanks a ton for watching!

Back