GFC600 Aural Alerts

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
Have a friend of a friend with a Baron that has a 600 autopilot. He says shop can’t get the altitude callout alerts working through his 345 audio panel. Since this shop is notorious for forgetting to upgrade firmware I was curious and looking around. Based on the user manual I can’t see where the 600 is even equipped to callout altitudes. Is he just expecting some feature that isn’t there.

I have no experience with the 600, but the user manual talks about alerts sent to the audio panel on page 8.

I have a GFC 600 and there are only two verbal alerts as far as I know. One is when the autopilot engages because it senses the aircraft is outside a preset envelope of flight attitudes for a period of time and the other for minimum speed.

The only other aural alerts are a “bee-boop” sound that is played when you are coming up on a preset altitude.

With just a 345 and gtn650xi I get a 500 ft call out. You should at least get that one. My understanding was that a g500 (EFIS) was required to get more granular altitude callouts

Back