the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Is it just my imagination or has there been a recent uptick in the number of IFR related questions on PoA?

If I am not imagining it, I have to take that as a good sign - nice to see it, and all the responses from experienced pilots here. :thumbsup:

You are imagining. I'd suggest posting that as a thread topic in it's own thread, but that suggestion would be worthy of it's own thread, so I won't.

are instrument threads posted while wearing foggles and can you log that time?

are instrument threads posted while wearing foggles and can you log that time?

Only if you are using an iPad with syn viz and a digital AHRS input. Otherwise it's probably contrary to the FARs and you risk the same fate as Martha Lunken.

Ice cream came up on a business call today. I like ice cream.

Any one else have that one tower/ground guy who's known to all at the airport as "mumbles"? The one CFI's won't let their students do a first solo if he's on duty?

Any one else have that one tower/ground guy who's known to all at the airport as "mumbles"? The one CFI's won't let their students do a first solo if he's on duty?

nope

No. But there was one tower controller that was quite talkative... made it, ahem, interesting to get a word in edge-wise.

The tower controllers at my home airport don't suffer from this. They all bark sharply at the students to make sure they understand how the commander-commanded relationship works. The only mumbling is the students doing so under their breath.

I must have started this thread when I was drunk, because I don't remember starting it.

I can’t believe I wasted data and time reading this entire thread. ;)

Your snide remark is not worthy of it’s own thread.

On second thought, maybe we need a good ’snide remark’ thread.

We need to start a new section called “FAA Rules for Pedantrics”. You could sign up to either 1) participate earnestly or 2) participate anonymously as a troll stirring the pot, citing rules you just made up, obscure logic, and the always popular “I heard from an FAA official”.

We need to start a new section called “FAA Rules for Pedantrics”. You could sign up to either 1) participate earnestly or 2) participate anonymously as a troll stirring the pot, citing rules you just made up, obscure logic, and the always popular “I heard from an FAA official”.

With plenty of OWTs and misinterpreted regs — I believe you just described...

The Internet. And every aviation site.

LOL.

Reactions: WDD

I think he got fired at our field. Contract tower.

I don't know if it is still the case, but customer orientation is/was important here. And I've seen examples where it worked very well, too.

Required.

especially when you are busting someone's chops about their epaulets.
Somewhere in one of my junk drawers I have a set with 10 stripes on them and they stick out about 4 inches past my shoulders.
I would wear them into the CRM office occasionally to torque a couple of pilots.

Congrats !!! What industry ?
Still drones! A company that does drone-based solar inspections worldwide with a few thousand network pilots. I'll be internal though, helping to smooth their operations and data collection procedures.

Work-from-anywhere, startup style company, pretty promising overall.

especially when you are busting someone's chops about their epaulets.
Somewhere in one of my junk drawers I have a set with 10 stripes on them and they stick out about 4 inches past my shoulders.
I would wear them into the CRM office occasionally to torque a couple of pilots.

Made this earlier today to give someone a hard time with...

b8dbb9bfb2a9cce753585074170ef23e.jpg

He’s a Marine. He handled it well.

Not wishing to appear pedantric, but all earnestness (<-- is that a real word?) I heard from an FAA official it's misspelled. ;)

I know exactly of whom you speak. I actually learned more as a student when Mumbles was in the tower as I had to be on my toes for a wrong instruction. Did you mean LEFT downwind?

I have to stop looking at trade a plane. The price explosion is getting to be too depressing.

Finding open slots on rental aircraft is getting impossible now on the weekends.

I wonder where this new demand and supply set of pressures will settle out.

Last edited:
It snowed yesterday.

It's been snowing steadily all weekend. :(
Waiting for it to stop before I plow the driveway.

Tomorrow forecast high is 53 just in time to go back to work.:mad:

Back