Beech Sport 411

Owned my 1974 B-19 since 1996. It has slowly taken me across most of the US and Canada. 2 folks and full fuel works but as stated the climb rate is less than staller. The Sport has taken me to some amazing places, and helps fulfill my love of flying.

The airframe is built like a brick **it house. I would prefer a 180hp Sundowner essentially the same airframe. 2 doors makes a nice addition to the comfort of a small single....:rolleyes:
2 adults and fuel, what kind of runway would be your personal mins let's say Midwest summer day?

I think the biggest downside to one is the fact that they are slow. For your time building needs, who cares if it’s slow? You build time by,... well, time. If you go 50 miles in an hour or 250 miles in an hour, you still log an hour. I think a good one would make a great time builder.

POH states 1900 feet over 50 foot obstacle, 95F at sea level. My min would be 2500 feet

AKBill, I am new here to POA and I am still learning how to navigate around the forums. I started a Conversation with you from the Members page but I am not sure if I did it correct or not Lol. Anyways, I would really like to connect with you soon concerning Beech Kit 23-9016-1-S. Thx! Mike

I have a Beech Sport 19A. It is a wonderful, solid, easy flying airplane. After 7 years of ownership only maintenance cost have been oil, filters, spark plugs, new ignition harness and annuals. I fly it weekly and smiling the whole time.

Anybody have experience with the droop tips on them?

Back