First medical

Mpsc7507

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mpsc7507
I'm about to have my first medical. I'm worried about one past doctor. Over ten years ago in college a doctor said I seemed stressed and gave me buspar, Xanax. I did a follow appointment with him because it made me feel like crap and I never took it again. I'm not even sure of the doctors name anymore. I have no medical conditions nor do I take any medication. My concern is did he say I had anxiety &/or depression. What is by best option, As this was a one time issue and years in the past?

the event was over 10 years ago and short lived at that. Find an experienced AME and go for it. Just give the facts. I would issue you a certificate( if ALL is true ) and see if the FAA wanted more.

Do not go into the appointment with your FAA med express activated. Do not enter anything into Med Express. If you have, don't touch if for 30 days and it should expire.

Do not give the doctor's office any FAA med express or any other information. Tell the doc it is a "consult". If the nice people at the front desk insist you give them the med express form and number, decline politely.

Sort everything out first, and then move with extreme caution. Take your time.

the event was over 10 years ago and short lived at that. Find an experienced AME and go for it. Just give the facts. I would issue you a certificate( if ALL is true ) and see if the FAA wanted more.

@Mpsc7507 , it would appear that a trip to Pensacola, FL, might be a very very good way to proceed.

From 10 years ago, you'd be required to report a diagnosis on the form, not the visit or prescription. And the form has to be completed "to be best of your knowledge."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back