Waiting on FAA response for 13 months...

• Thread starter Getting frustrated
  • Start date
G

Getting frustrated

Hello,

Ive been jumping through the FAAs hoops for some time now. I’ve had an initial information request from the FAA which took 2 months, after which I submitted my packet to them last March right before Covid. Did they lose it? I’ve heard of long wait times, but this is excessive. I’ve been calling OKC and my RFS every few days since it began, but they can only be so helpful. What should I do?

The only way it will be fixed is shoveling more money at it from Congress along with a mandate. That's not likely to happen. The FAA has prioritized revenue pilots and put 3rd class at the bottom of the heap.

your RFS should be able to help. Submit it again?

My RFS is sympathetic, but just keeps saying they’ll send another email to the doctor and to try again in a week. I’ve been getting the same response for a long time. Should I just mail the packet back in? Ive had them lose paperwork before...

My RFS is sympathetic, but just keeps saying they’ll send another email to the doctor and to try again in a week. I’ve been getting the same response for a long time. Should I just mail the packet back in? Ive had them lose paperwork before...
Have you done the interested airman thing?

Yes. OKC is pretty much sick of me calling, but there’s nothing more they can do.

I called them nearly every single day for almost a year. I was on a first-name basis with most of them. I think they sympathize with us pilots and as long as you simply ask them for updates on the file, there really isn't much they CAN do but provide updates.

The only way it will be fixed is shoveling more money at it from Congress along with a mandate. That's not likely to happen. The FAA has prioritized revenue pilots and put 3rd class at the bottom of the heap.

I fly part 91 with a commercial license and 2nd class medical for my company, but because I wasn't part 121 or 135, they didn't seem to care one bit.

This is a situation when you call your Congress Critters, particularly your House Rep's office. Constituent services in the face of unreasonable government bureaucracy is one area most of them are at least willing to try to help with. That they won't answer the question of whether they even have the information you submitted is ridiculous.

This is a situation when you call your Congress Critters, particularly your House Rep's office. Constituent services in the face of unreasonable government bureaucracy is one area most of them are at least willing to try to help with. That they won't answer the question of whether they even have the information you submitted is ridiculous.

Well, that sounds good in theory, but in practice, they basically reported back to me the same information I got simply by calling the number. My House of Rep. felt like they were really providing informative help, but basically just doing the same thing I did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back