Bad Lab Report

P

Proteinuria

I have a dx code for “proteinuria, unspecified”, at an unrelated inpatient hospitalization. Does this need to be included in my section 18u “hospitalization” report, or only my primary diagnosis?

report it, but of most importance is that at the time of your FAA medical exam, your urine has no protein in it.

report it, but of most importance is that at the time of your FAA medical exam, your urine has no protein in it.

Should I go get a urinary analysis ahead of my exam? Or just bring in the records related to my prior proteinuria?
Thank you!

One day later records note-

“Repeat UA due to previous UA with protein. Patients labs were within limits and their UA was negative for protein”.

Not sure if this helps.

If you were admitted for something else, and not treated for anything else, then only list what you were admitted for. They had one lab result, tried to confirm it and couldn't. This is a nothingburger.

I have IGA nephropathy with blood and protein in my urine, I started getting a "1" score on both roughly 10 years ago, The FAA really doesn't make an issue of it until its at 2+

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back