Wanted: Partnership Cirrus SR22 - Northern NJ

Aepivo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Aepivo
Looking for 4-6 folks (including myself) to set up a partnership to purchase an SR22 in northern NJ. My mission is occasional short and long distance trips with the wife and kids, but I won't use it near enough to justify sole ownership. Here are my current thoughts:
+ Location would be central to northern NJ, with a preference for a smaller field (e.g., KSMQ, N51, N40)
+ Partnership would be structured similarly to well-run clubs in the area (I'm currently a member of one)
+ Preference would be for a low-time G2 or G3

If you have any interest, or suggestions, please let me know. I'm open to other opportunities or ideas in the area.

Replying to my own post - does anyone in northern NJ want to co-own an IFR-capable plane that can carry 4 people and some luggage at a reasonable speed? Anybody?

Hi - I've been thinking the same. My own situation is similar, though I would ideally prefer KLDJ (or KCDW).
The other airports you mentioned are a little far for me. I'll DM you with personal contact info in case you're open to other locations.

Thank you

Apilot324 - I just messaged you directly

Looking for 4-6 folks (including myself) to set up a partnership to purchase an SR22 in northern NJ. My mission is occasional short and long distance trips with the wife and kids, but I won't use it near enough to justify sole ownership. Here are my current thoughts:
+ Location would be central to northern NJ, with a preference for a smaller field (e.g., KSMQ, N51, N40)
+ Partnership would be structured similarly to well-run clubs in the area (I'm currently a member of one)

If you have any interest, or suggestions, please let me know. I'm open to other opportunities or ideas in the area.
Same here, I am interested since I cannot justify the cost on my own. I’m a ppl holder in North Jersey. Let me know if you want to meet to talk about it and see if we are a good fit.

Same here. Don't know if Cirrus 22 isn't to much metal for a PPL. I feel based on the amount of people wait listed in several clubs in the area, maybe it's time to form a new affordable club. Either way, I would also like to hear a bit more about the Cirrus option.

If you have any interest, or suggestions, please let me know. I'm open to other opportunities or ideas in the area.[/QUOTE

Are you still looking for partners. I live up in North Jersey I’d be interested in discussing further.

Hello, I’m interested in this as well! I don’t know how to contact via DM but feel free to email me at mdichiaro at me dot com

I’m an airline guy, B737 Captain and would much prefer to fly a cirrus than what is available with the current clubs. I’d be happy to help set it up too.

Any update to this? I'm very interested (though not so much for an SR-22).

Hi, I’m interested if you’re still looking for a solid clean partnership and I fly very low hours and mostly in the summer.

What is most important to all of you?
A Cirrus partnership?
Or any (affordable) North Jersey club/partnership?

I’m more in the affordable club. The Cirrus endeavor is going to be 50k buy-in would be my guess and probably around $250-300/hr. I could be wrong but that’s how I’ve seen them structured in this forum.

jumping in a bit late to the post, but did you ever put together a group? did you happen to base out of smq?

Hi, I'm IFR rated, working towards commercial, targeting fall '21.
I'd be quite interested in 4 -5 way partnership in an SR22. Did you pull together a group already?
I usually fly out of KSMQ which is the most convenient for me.

Did anything ever come of this? I'm interested in a share, 47N, N51 or in the general area.

Nothing came of it, but still interested. I know the market is crazy now - prices are up 20-30%, and I understand spots on the Cirrus waitlist for new SR22's are selling for 6 figures - but I remain interested in the right partnership. Please do DM me if interested, and I can convene a group for further discussions.

Count me in as interested if this is still a consideration...I'm in downtown Manhattan, looking for partners for Linden or Caldwell-based purchase... Rob A

I'm almost ready to go in on this, but I've done the math and have a few questions I'd love to discuss with others who are equally serious:
  • Should we form a partnership or establish a club? In either situation, how many people allowed to join (per airplane)?
  • What happens if a founding partner or member chooses to exit?
  • Most airports in the area do not have available hangar space - are the trade-offs worth it to use a tie-down in this climate (i.e., high winds, de-icing and winterization, etc.)?
  • What type of plane (how new, how easy to find A&P and parts, etc.)?

Should we set up a call on this to gauge interest? I'm currently in a well-run club, which has members in separate well-structured partnerships (I have the by-laws and operating procedures for this partnership as an example). I'm pretty clear on what needs to be done, it's just difficult to find partners with sufficiently overlapping needs.

Should we set up a call on this to gauge interest? I'm currently in a well-run club, which has members in separate well-structured partnerships (I have the by-laws and operating procedures for this partnership as an example). I'm pretty clear on what needs to be done, it's just difficult to find partners with sufficiently overlapping needs.
YES! I'm happy to set that up. How about this: anyone interested in joining a zoom call with me and Aepivo, please PM me. We'll find a time next week (week of Aug 29) to chat.

Aepivo... Thanks for catching me directly.

Nj-pilot... I'm in California this week, college tour with daughter. Understand a call getting set for Monday, just replied to aepivo I'll be flying all day back to NYC.

Got lots of free time while we are just driving around for hours all over California this week/weekend, otherwise anytime next week except Monday

nycrobaviation@gmail.com / 917 687 5129

Rob

Back