Special issuance letter lost

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
In 2019 I was given a SI for diabetes, A1C was higher than acceptable range. It was good through March 2020, but with Covid I really wasn't flying and didn't renew last year. I have an appointment for my 3rd class coming up, but I cannot find the letter from the FAA regarding the SI. I have the updated medical certificate, but not the original letter. Is there a way to get a copy? Will my AME have it in his files? I hate to waste the AME's time if the letter is required. I just had my annual physical and A1C is lower and well within the limits.

Contact the FAA medical regional office who handled your case and ask them to email you a copy. They have done this for me in the past, and I know they should be able to do that. If they won’t email it to you, ask them to mail you a copy. The AME should have access to a lot of that information in the computer, but having a letter will make it easier for him or her.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get they duplicate copy of the SI, I would recommend scanning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the AME may ( or may not as it is addressed to YOU and it is YOUR responsibility) have it ... and you can call the FAA for a copy

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll reach out to my AME tomorrow, I have it securely in a file folder that I can't find after cleaning out my office and bringing everything home. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll reach out to my AME tomorrow, I have it securely in a file folder that I can't find after cleaning out my office and bringing everything home. :rolleyes:
Or, you can call 405-954-4821 (@08:01AM B4 they get busy) and they will mail you one, or fax you one if you can receive a dialed fax.

Or, you can call 405-954-4821 (@08:01AM B4 they get busy) and they will mail you one, or fax you one if you can receive a dialed fax.
Thank Dr Bruce, I called my AME and they have it on file, so I should be good!
How should I answer the question, I think it’s 19, on past medical status? Was it rejected? There is no answer fir special issuance?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back