Fastlane is BACK!!

Jon Weiswasser

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
J Weiswasser
Fastlane is back! Flight from Dare County, NC (MQI) to Washington Dulles (IAD) in the Piper Meridian with inflight springtime icing. Also, what do you do when the routing you get doubles the distance to your destination?

Fastlane is back! Flight from Dare County, NC (MQI) to Washington Dulles (IAD) in the Piper Meridian with inflight springtime icing. Also, what do you do when the routing you get doubles the distance to your destination?

Video don't work. Make sure I have enough gas.

Enjoyed the video. That routing absolutely sucked. My first reaction cancel go VFR to nags head. My bride loved your plane and asked why no cannulas.....I Laughed and said money honey. Then she asked air stairs? My bride is no longer allowed to watch meridian videos. ;)

Enjoyed the video. That routing absolutely sucked. My first reaction cancel go VFR to nags head. My bride loved your plane and asked why no cannulas.....I Laughed and said money honey. Then she asked air stairs? My bride is no longer allowed to watch meridian videos. ;)

I had to fly the same route last week and I filed VFR to the south out of IAD and then picked up an IFR plan from an intersection just south of the SFRA to go to MQI. Apparently this is a real issue for GA trying to get south of IAD.

You're bride sounds awesome! That she is interested and knows the difference between cannulas and air stairs should be encouraged! That is so much the exception than the rule when it comes to significant others! Congrats!!

Really enjoyed the video. Might have been more intrigued by the interview of the manager of the venue. Nice add on to a flying video! Good decision making regarding the reroute.

Didn't realize you were so close recently. I was into MQI last month.

I'm hoping to go see you guys next time you're at the Tupelo or the Flying Monkey up here in NH.

Love your videos Jon. Please keep them coming they are most appreciated.

btw, lesson takeaway.

I've seen pilots completely flummoxed by an instruction to join a STAR at an intermediate waypoint, not at a transition (in IAPS too). @Jon Weiswasser, you did it so smoothly most folks probably didn't even notice it.

I admire your patience with all those altitude restrictions and headings after you cancelled IFR. I would have cancelled advisories and squawked 1200 as soon as I got out of the B if they did that to me.

Finally listened to this all the way through. My wife and I are music junkies and the shutdown has been tough on us. We were in Santa Barbara for a week last month and they had just started opening some things up including live music. It was out in the streets and sidewalks in front of the venues. Weather was great and they were serving drinks and food. Heard some righteous stuff from some local musicians, who many of can hold a candle to the best of the famous. It had been over a year, damn it felt good.
The planning and flight was fun to watch and listen to with the good insets of how you were managing the GPS box. On the way back, when you decided just going VFR the rest of the way back was the thing to do, it got interesting. You seemed to think you could not Cancel until out of the B. Starts at about 24:50. I could almost hear inside the Controllers head thinking 'if he wants to Cancel, why don't he just do it.' Finally around 26:00 he gets you to do it. Now ya know. Could come in handy in the future. Once again, great video.

Back