Opinions about Old Republic Aerospace?

PeterNSteinmetz

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PeterNSteinmetz
A partner and I in a new plane have a much better quotation for insurance from Old Republic Aerospace. They have an A+ financial strength rating from A.M.Best but I am wondering if people here have an opinion about them? @Rgbeard ?

Old Republic is my current insurance company. I got their policy through AVIATION INSURANCE RESOURCES out of Fredrick Md.,

I don't really have an opinion other than:

• They priced well.
  • They accepted my money.
  • I got the coverage I wanted.

AIR has been our broker since my wife and I bought the Lance. They've treated me well.

I've had Old Republic on several airplanes over the years. I really have no positive or negative opinion about them, as I've never had to make a claim.

About to start my third year with Old Republic. Will be $1300 for the year. $70k hull, $1M, etc... pretty standard coverage. Not too bad for a ****ty low time experimental pilot.

In many ways I think the broker is more important than the writer. I go through Leah:

Leah Ringeisen Light Aircraft Account Executive
direct: 877-520-6247 | fax: 636-532-3646
leah_ringeisen@ajg.com
www.ajg.com/lightaircraft | www.ajg.com
595 Bell Ave, Chesterfield, MO 63005

Old Republic (through Northwest Insurance Group, Hillsboro, Oregon) insures my 172, as well. They've consistently had the best rates over the last few years.

I've not had any claims, so I can't comment on how they do when push comes to shove.

Back