When does the database update?

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
I passed my IR check ride in March 14th (and have the temp cert to prove it). But when I query the FAA pilot database here's what shows up:
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 9.55.12 AM.png

So what show's I'm now instrument rated?

I passed my IR check ride in March 14th (and have the temp cert to prove it). But when I query the FAA pilot database here's what shows up:
View attachment 95402

So what show's I'm now instrument rated?

It won’t update until OKC processes your application. ICARA isn’t tied to the rest of our systems beyond basic airman info as Airman Registry is legally required to manually process the applications. ICARA makes it a quick and easy vs paper 8710s but it still requires an actual human.

Looks like they are currently processing up to March 6th according to the website.

I’m still waiting for my address updated Aircraft Registration I submitted in early February.

Last edited:
An actual human!?! How horrifying! (OK, thanks.)

When you get your plastic cert the database will be up to date.

I saw that. That’s for sending out the new plastic one though correct? I figured the database would show current status.

No, that’s for processing the paper and entering the data. The plastic will lag a couple of weeks behind that.

At least that’s how it was when I did my PP in 2019.

No, that’s for processing the paper and entering the data. The plastic will lag a couple of weeks behind that.

At least that’s how it was when I did my PP in 2019.
Ah! Ok

You aren't alone, sir.

After waiting a few weeks after passing my IR checkride, I went to the airman registry site every day (and sometimes refreshed it during the day) until my info got updated.

Back