1 0 0 0

I think I’m coming in as the youngest with 331 landings. Hoping to add a few this weekend.

What about sea planes? Since you're not setting them down on land, is it still a landing?

My first unassisted (but not solo) was arguably the best. My last (after being flightless for about 2 years (still not solo) rivaled the first. I will solo and get my PPL, but the planets need to line up, first.

how many of those are non-paid GA landings?
Assuming that my landings are uniformly distributed across all of my hours a SWAG of ~1k non paid GA. Barely more than a guess. I’m terrible at keeping track of stuff in the logbook. I have over 1k hours of dual given in level D simulators I didn’t log... as an example.

As an old Army Pilot I would say...in jest... I have more landings in night backward autos then that..but in reality 20-30 landings a day as a Army Helicopter pilot in training or operational is sort of common...

Among a bunch of GA landings, military landings, arrested carrier landings, my oddity is 6 helo landings and only 1 takeoff (not loggable as PIC).

Helicopters can wear you out. One day flying a Bell 47G4 in the Gulf of Mexico for Petroleum Helicopters, I logged 82 landings. They were almost all pinnacle approaches to little postage stamp helipads on unmanned production platforms. Most of the time flying loaded, with little or no excess power. No wonder I was tired that day.

Helicopters can wear you out. One day flying a Bell 47G4 in the Gulf of Mexico for Petroleum Helicopters, I logged 82 landings. They were almost all pinnacle approaches to little postage stamp helipads on unmanned production platforms. Most of the time flying loaded, with little or no excess power. No wonder I was tired that day.
My biggest day was in a helicopter as well. My landings were easier because I would lose about 900 lbs during the flight.

I only checked my first log book, and found that I had 1.38 tach hours per flight.

My early flights had multiple landings some times, but they were not individually logged. Multiple landings in the log were only in the remarks to recover night currency and fly with passengers.

When I received my PPL, I immediately transitioned to flying to places, so the hours per flight jumped up. Typical cross country flights were between 5 and 8 hours each, landings enroute at 2 to 3 hours. When I started my Commercial and Instrument, I scheduled 2 hour lessons, so the time per landing stayed high. Few of my lessons were multiple landings, I already had that skill set.

My later logs have an average even higher, and the total long cross country is 80% of my total hours. My personal definition of cross country is more than 2 hours, one way, or I stayed overnight.

I don't count the landings though I probably hit 1000 long ago. Just about to hit 1000 hours, though, not including PPG time. As for women, quality, not quantity.

"Quantity has a quality all its own" :cool:

;)

Only the ones where no one was watching

Ain't that the truth.

I've put in some of my best with witnesses though. The first time my wife flew with me, it was so smooth even I wasn't sure we were firmly on the ground. :cool: Now, I was really trying on that one as she's somewhat motion sensitive and I wanted her to fly with me, so I would get to do it more. She absolutely loves it now. I did fess up right afterwards, when she commented how smooth it was versus a typical airliner, that that was my best landing.

I was flying with another Angel Flight pilot one time, talking about partnering with him on his SR22. I put down four absolute greasers in a row with him. To the point he commented, "You really know where the ground is." I've never put down a series like that before or since. After I dropped him off and was heading back to the home drome, I realize that I had put down four greasers in a row. So, with no one there in the plane with me, I doinked it back at the home airport. :oops: *sigh*

This thread is more than 1 year old.
It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
I am aware that this thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

Nonetheless, I made my 1000th consecutive safe return to terra firma today, and I wanted to celebrate.

This thread is more than 1 year old.
It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
I am aware that this thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply.

Nonetheless, I made my 1000th consecutive safe return to terra firma today, and I wanted to celebrate.

congrats, farmer jim!

I have about 1450 day landings logged, not counting probably another 500-1000 with students flying or the ones I let my copilot attempt. Some days are better than others but I will say the jet is way more predictable than my 170.

I think it took me 400 landings before anyone had the guts to sign me off to check my first checkride. Gradually, I've improved since then.

I seem to recall a few times in the beginning where I performed the takeoff and the CFI performed the landing.
Good point, me too. Plenty of them for me where my CFI landed it for me mostly.

I have only been flying since 2015, logged 1260 hrs so far and have over 3000 landings mostly in my 172. I do have some Cherokee landings, the one in my signature picture. I also have some landings in a arrow and a 182.
When you fly a 172, what do you do besides practice landing?
It has been a couple years since I added up my landings and it was 2500 then. I will add them the up again to find out how many I have now.
Congrats on your 1000.

I think I had a 1000 before I got my PPL? lol actually it took me 303 landings to get my PPL. I am a slow learner.

I have no idea how many landings I've done, except that I did over 500 last year alone, and I'm coming up on 50 years of continuous flying activity (most of which has not been commercial operation). The only landings I actually log as such are when they're required for currency.

how many women have you slept with?

now I'm not saying I slept with 1000 women (I'm not saying I DIDN'T sleep with 1000), but I did have my 1000th daytime landing today. it was a nice one (landing, not evening, although it was a nice evening as well) and I almost tagged a bird on short final.

after 1000, I have to say, I still mother effin love mother effin flying.
:happydance::happydance::cheers::happydance::happydance:
Hmmm. . .like asking how many hours do you have? 5,000? Or 100 hours 50 times? Shallow exploration, or in-depth knowledge - carnal or technical.

Back