Insight GEM 602 CHT Probes

porttack

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
porttack
I have a IO-320 monitored by a GEM 602. Recently CHT for #3 stopped reporting and #2 has become intermittent. Currently it is using gasket probes and this seems like a great time to upgrade to spring/screw in probes. I see what I assume are the sockets for the probes on my cyliders, so not sure why they weren't used in the first place. I am attaching a picture so someone can tell me if I am wrong there...

I'm having trouble figuring out what probes will work. There seem be be quite a few different types. I am assuming I need an Insight Probe 2852 like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Insigh...pring-Probe-2852/154362797001?epid=1228671146

Having a hard time confirming that though.
3PlMLXH.jpg

That is the CHT port. You need to verify which thermocouple you need. The Type K is usually used for EGT (red and yellow), and some use Type K and others use Type J (red and white) for CHT. There is a certain amount of interchangeability with probes of the same Type, but I hear some are considered grounded and others are considered ungrounded. You’d need someone smarter than me to explain the difference and see if that matters.

Back