Found: GoPro type....anyone missing one?

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
I have a friend that found a GoPro type camera in their bushes. The video on it shows an airplane flying and I have the assumption that someone mounted it on the outside plane and it fell off. They are bringing it over so I can see if I can identify the plane. Does anyone know of someone who is missing a camera over San Diego?

So the video is from 2017 and it shows a guy taking off from Montgomery Field and landing at Brown Field. He gets gas and then parks the plane. I assume this camera fell off on another flight but the fall is not recorded. The plane is a Piper Cherokee or similar and I could only make out a partial tail #N674.

I have a friend that found a GoPro type camera in their bushes. The video on it shows an airplane flying and I have the assumption that someone mounted it on the outside plane and it fell off. They are bringing it over so I can see if I can identify the plane. Does anyone know of someone who is missing a camera over San Diego?

Wasn’t me or anyone I know. No sir. You ain’t conning me into confessing violating FAR 91.15 or ratting out anyone I know who did.

Inquiring minds want to know. How did you find the owner?

from the "if lost, please return to..." sticker?

Were the police involved? Did any footage include a tarp, a shovel, duct tape, and a bag of lime?

On the video, just before he mounted the camera thee was a brief shot of 3 digits of the N number and a partial shot of the 4th number. So a quick google search and then narrowed it down to that type of plane at Brown Field. There was only one that matched and the paint looked similar. Turns out it was the owner and he lost it earlier this year as he had not updated the date on the camera.

On the video, just before he mounted the camera thee was a brief shot of 3 digits of the N number and a partial shot of the 4th number. So a quick google search and then narrowed it down to that type of plane at Brown Field. There was only one that matched and the paint looked similar. Turns out it was the owner and he lost it earlier this year as he had not updated the date on the camera.

Did ya get a reward. Did he beg you to not rat him out for dropping it?

Back