AWC issues?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
anyone else getting errors in awx?

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.120ad817.1617035589.1792f81f

I've tried multiple browsers and iphone as well. mofos.

more specifically, go to https://www.aviationweather.gov/, enter in an airport and hit go. sometimes that might come up for me, but the last few times it errors out. if it does come up and you go to the hourly forecast, boom, error.

upload_2021-3-29_12-41-33.png

If I go to the hourly forecast and try to change the time that the 48 hour period starts then I got an error on some of them in the drop down window and not on others. And then when I go back later to the ones with the error message they are now working. Just must be some minor glitch in their system. I have tried it a few times and currently seems to be working.

anyone else getting errors in awx?

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #102.120ad817.1617035589.1792f81f

I've tried multiple browsers and iphone as well. mofos.

They read your posts in the Rough Air thread. :)

reply from NOAA:

"We're currently experiencing network issues. Technicians are working to resolve the problem, but unfortunately there is no estimated time of completion."

we should cut their funding more. That'll teach 'em.

After entering the airport code, or town name, click on the pop-op name with the state, in your screen shot, where it says "KJQF, Concord, NC, USA" below the entry box.
(I know, seems like it ought to work either way).

After entering the airport code, or town name, click on the pop-op name with the state, in your screen shot, where it says "KJQF, Concord, NC, USA" below the entry box.
(I know, seems like it ought to work either way).

I use it all the time, I kinda sorta know how to punch in an airport code. in this particular case, it was an issue on their end, not user error.

I use it all the time, I kinda sorta know how to punch in an airport code. in this particular case, it was an issue on their end, not user error.

Didn't mean to imply user error. It's just that I've noticed this sort of anomaly on other sites as well, you type in your entry, then hit "enter" and it doesn't take, but clicking on whatever pop-up selection shows up will work. Flightaware seems to have a similar issue.

I got the same error just now. I have also been experiencing another issue where AWC was reporting winds of 35G60 for two days, but that turned out to be because it was just really windy here.

Skyvector isn't showing me metar/taf dots this morning, I assume AWC is limiting external data vampires. I didn't realize how much I rely on that "quick look" ability for my morning flight planning.

Entering a bunch of identifiers into AWC like a common beast should be a monday activity. Don't they know it's tuesday?

If only we had some sort of advocacy group for aircraft owners or others who rely on this stuff. pass the wine. :D

I note skyvector's metar dots are back, just in time for the noontime TAF. My 15 seconds of attention span to this issue can move elsewhere now.

Looks like NWS is a sinking ship, and the sinking is accelerating... this is a sad situation in more ways than one, and it appears that some NIH (not invented here) is involved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...nfrastructure-outages/?itid=hp_health-science

sounds like a typical bunch of whiney arsed beeyotches, although with a somewhat valid point (poor technology). but where on planet earth (and by planet earth I mean america) does one's personal safety solely rely on checking AWS?!?!? look out the friggin window, folks!

Back