Bo down in Bridgeport Tx

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/s...wise-county-airport-unknown-injuries/2590512/

I'm told by someone on the scene that this was a CFI and Student Pilot/Aircraft Owner on board. They limped away one with a broken finger, the other with a broken ankle. They are very lucky. Witnesses reported seeing them inverted before impacting the trees.

A Looky Lou got hurt also

A pickup that was eastbound on U.S. 380 also crashed after apparently seeing the plane go down, but when the driver tried to pull off the road, the truck crashed into a ditch. One person from that vehicle was taken by ground ambulance to a hospital, according to law enforcement.

78 and 76 year old individuals. “Clipped some trees”... hmmmm very lucky.

There are some spry 70 year olds out there. I talked with a relatively spry 96 year old last week...

My hangar partner, a multiple offender Bonanza owner, is 78 and just bought himself a 1953 Cessna 170 with a 180 hp Lycoming conversion. He was off landing on the frozen lakes north of here last weekend.

We saw the plane on the ground after the crash. Hard to tell how they got there

and I think the injuries were more than reported above as they flew one out in a helicopter

I hope they weren't worse than reported and they were only taking extra precautions until they assessed true conditions.

We saw the plane on the ground after the crash. Hard to tell how they got there

and I think the injuries were more than reported above as they flew one out in a helicopter
I live very close to a large hospital, and they have two helicopters available. They are flying all the time, so I guess when things are slow, they start to pick up hangnail victims.

I live very close to a large hospital, and they have two helicopters available. They are flying all the time, so I guess when things are slow, they start to pick up hangnail victims.
They don’t make any money sitting on the ground

They are flying all the time, so I guess when things are slow, they start to pick up hangnail victims.
Depends on type contract with the hospital: traditional or community based. Traditional the operator makes money whether they fly or not. Community based it needs to fly for operator to make money. Who they fly and why is solely up to the program protocols which has been up for debate for years.

Back