How fast can I go for $50k

Shots fired! Im a sucker for a cheap mooney v cheap bo cat fight. Imma be over here enjoying the show with a frosty beverage and my death winged pa28, since ive been shunned from the piper tribe. Politically homeless is something im far too familiar with lol....

Op, check out vaf, theres rv6s popping up in our price range every now and again

Last edited:
They could be anywhere. They’ve been on instruments for hours.

A guy here bough a Super Viking. No one knows how to work on it. No one knows how to fly it. And the rube doesn't have a hangar. MooneyM20c Ranger. 140 knots all day long burning 8-9 gallons an hour. Get the manual gear and say goodbye to gear problems. You can get one and with 50K have enough left over to pay for some squawks. And did I forget to mention that the Mooney will carry around a thousand pounds of you, your woman, and your woman's ****.

None of the experimentals will do this for the money. You can't buy a decent RV for Mooney money, they get pricey fast. Don't believe me, do some shopping. You put you and your favorite skirt in a Varieze and you won't have enough room for a sandwich. There is no greater bang for the buck in GA than a vintage Mooney.

I agree and I don’t own one, but it’s on my list as my next plane. I have a son that wants to live on the west coast and I’m in MI. My Cessna 140 is my love, and though I’d do it for fun- she’s not the ship to go see future grandkids with on a regular basis. The 140 won’t be leaving, having both would be the perfect set up for my needs...

A Mooney M20C goes pretty fast and is in that price range, at least for now. Prices are going up fast.

it’s interesting you have the 140 and Mooney and that’s the exact set up I plan on going for!

Back