Post Covid Symptoms

A

anonymous

I currently have a class 2. I had COVID in January. I am still experiencing post covid symptoms, chest pain dull ache that does not go away. If I exercise get short of breathe extremely quick. I went to a family doctor and now have an appointment with cardiology and pulmonary to ensure there was no scarring of my heart or lungs. First when do I notify flight doc, second should I ground myself or am I good to keep flying?

my opinion only...notofy your AME when you have something concrete to report. and if i were you i would ground myself...but i think, in your heart, you already knew the answers. best of luck to you.

With that constellation after COVID, you are needing an echocardiogram and a set of pulmonary functions....B4 your AME can say a thing.... :(.....

4) For airmen and ATCS fully recovered following hospitalization due to COVID- 19, but who did not require intensive care, AMEs should:
• Report in Block 60: “inpatient treatment for COVID-19 infection with full recovery,” and should provide detail about the hospital course and treatments given.
• If the airman or ATCS is otherwise qualified, the AME may issue the medical certificate or interim Clearance and forward applicable records to the FAA.

5) For airmen and ATCS fully recovered following hospitalization due to COVID- 19, and who did require intensive care, the AME should:
• Defer the exam.*
• Report in Block 60: “Intensive care COVID-19 infection with full recovery.”

6) For airmen and ATCS who are experiencing ongoing residual signs and/or symptoms of confirmed COVID-19, which may include but are not limited to cardiovascular dysfunction, respiratory abnormalities, kidney injury, neurological dysfunction, psychiatric conditions (e.g., depression, anxiety, moodiness), or symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, arthralgia, or chest pain, the AME should:
• Defer the exam.*
• Report in Block 60: “Currently experiencing sequelae from COVID-19 infection to include [list pathology or symptoms].”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back