2nd Class Vision Requirements

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
What does this mean: Bifoveal fixation and vergence-phoria relationship sufficient to prevent a break in fusion under conditions that may reasonably be expected to occur in performing airman duties.

So what are acceptable limits?

I was born cross eyed and had surgery before my 1st birthday to realign the eyes by cutting and adjusting the muscles. Over time my left eye wandered out (not to the extent of Mr Feldman's eyes) and I had similar surgery to correct that at 10 years of age.

My right eye is dominant and I use it primarily. I have peripheral vision from me left eye, and in fact can see reasonably well with my left eye but they are not normally "fused" in my brain. I can consciously switch between them. I have no 3d depth perception but obviously have learned to compensate. I can play ball and, oh yeah, land airplanes.

Is a 2nd class medical possible?

What does this mean: Bifoveal fixation and vergence-phoria relationship sufficient to prevent a break in fusion under conditions that may reasonably be expected to occur in performing airman duties.
It means you need a Strabismus evaluation and the amount of nonconverngence that you can tolerate and see only a single object, is measured. The output is "arc-seconds before fusion break". It has to be measured in all quadrants of gaze.

It means you need a Strabismus evaluation and the amount of nonconverngence that you can tolerate and see only a single object, is measured. The output is "arc-seconds before fusion break". It has to be measured in all quadrants of gaze.

Thank you. Would I be wise to go to my eye Dr for this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back