Sun N Fun is On for 2021!

we would likely stop every 2-3 hrs and maybe have an overnight stop halfway.

One stop per day / two day trip. This is my usual plan. But lady friend and I are old so after about 4 hours of hand flying we are pretty much done for the day. We'll usually plan an early departure, a stop for cheap fuel and overnight someplace interesting with a nice bed and breakfast nearby.

If you are at Sun 'n Fun 2021, maybe I can interest you in one of my presentations:

I. Making Sense of Lean of Peak and Mixture Management:
  • Wed April 14 11:00 AM CFAA-02
  • Thu April 15 11:00 AM CFAA-04
  • Fri April 16 11:00 AM CFAA-07
  • Sat April 17 11:00 AM CFAA-04

II. Making Better Flying Videos
  • Thu April 15 12:00 PM CFAA-04
  • Sat April 17 12:00 PM CFAA-04

Where can I find the procedure to get in there? I don’t have Facebook and have never been there before. Best time to arrive to avoid congestion? If there is such a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are at Sun 'n Fun 2021, maybe I can interest you in one of my presentations:

I. Making Sense of Lean of Peak and Mixture Management:
  • Wed April 14 11:00 AM CFAA-02
  • Thu April 15 11:00 AM CFAA-04
  • Fri April 16 11:00 AM CFAA-07
  • Sat April 17 11:00 AM CFAA-04

II. Making Better Flying Videos
  • Thu April 15 12:00 PM CFAA-04
  • Sat April 17 12:00 PM CFAA-04

Yes you can Martin.

Hey, I’ll be flying jumpers at KAPT the weekend before. Anyone here headed through and need a fuel stop near Chattanooga should stop and say hi!

Good fuel prices.

If ya need a place to overnight, I’ve got a few bunks on a old Chris craft commander and a little house boat a couple miles away and can have a courtesy car available.

Let me know!

Tools

Long slog from my home base to Lakeland. Tough call whether to push through or plan a layover. Thoughts?

nav.PNG

Long slog from my home base to Lakeland. Tough call whether to push through or plan a layover. Thoughts?

View attachment 94998

I’m in the same boat being based at Tampa Exec. Decisions, decisions. Being that it would take longer to actually fly than drive from my house in Brandon (when you factor driving to the airport), I guess I’ll suck it up and leave the plane in the hangar. :D

I’m in the same boat being based at Tampa Exec. Decisions, decisions. Being that it would take longer to actually fly than drive from my house in Brandon (when you factor driving to the airport), I guess I’ll suck it up and leave the plane in the hangar. :D

Yeah, same here, live in Valrico, 23 minute drive to LAL. Until last month I was based at Plant City, even closer.

However, they are having a 50th Anniversary celebration for the Decathlon, with free admission if you fly in and park in the Acro session, so I don't want to miss that.

I'll make it for a couple of days but I have to be back so the adage applies ... "time to spare, go by air." I don't so it seems I'll be four wheelin' in instead of tail wheelin' in ...

Given restrictions, politics, and rules, why do I have the gut feeling that SnF may be a better show to attend this year than OSH?

You may be right. Some sense seems to be returning, but Wisconsin is still Wisconsin.

Given restrictions, politics, and rules, why do I have the gut feeling that SnF may be a better show to attend this year than OSH?
I see potential for surprises - both pleasant and unpleasant ones - for both Sun 'n Fun and AirVenture this year. I will attend both, in part because I am really curious to see how things will work out. I'm pretty good at embracing the positives and looking over some of the negatives, which I think is the attitude it'll take to enjoy these shows in 2021.

- Martin

What percentage of attendees will be vaccinated by then? Since pilots skew heavy towards older, I would imagine over 50% of attendees would have their shots.

Florida just opened vaccines up to everyone over 50.

One little-reported fact: it takes about 4 weeks after vaccination to get the full effect.

I got my antibodies the old fashioned way ... at a Christmas wedding.

"Using the data from the published study of the Pfizer vaccine, Public Health England determined that vaccine efficacy was 89% for 15-21 days after dose 1 – and before dose 2 on day 21"

I haven't been able to attend OSH or SnF as some work crisis ALWAYS raises its ugly head:( I did block out time for a "no matter what" OSH attendance last year, but everyone knows how that went:mad:Hope a good time is had by all

Am in the medical field. Most freak out too much on mask requirements ... I guess it's not a big deal to me as I'm in them a ton of time anyway. Now the TRUE issue on my side is whether or not we're inserting Vicks Vapor rub in each nostril to avoid the smell of abscess, infection or necrosis is grossest that we're dealing with:eek:

Picked up our wrist bands and parking pass today. Ready to rock-n-roll!

We are flying in from PTK via ADS....yeah a tiny detour. Really looking forward to it! Will arrive Thursday morning and depart Sunday!

Back