GTN750 software

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I can not find a which is the most current version of the software on the GTN750, also what a software update may cost.
Fixin too look at a plane with a GTN750 and would like to know if the software is current, and if not how much an update would cost...

That is mostly likely not publicly available. I suspect it linked to an approved garmin account for the device.

My suggestion, ask the owner to give you the current version installed, then call garmin customer support and ask what the update cost is.

If you're just looking for the database costs, that's here. Quick glance, it looks like $600 annually.

flyGarmin - Database and Bundle Pricing

Last edited:
If you are talking firmware, usual charge to update is an hour of an avionics shop time. The actual firmware is free from Garmin to the dealer, but requires a dealer to do the update. Also, worth checking what other Garmin bits are in the plane and doing them all at the same time. You can have compatibility issues if some are old. My FS210 stopped paring after a got a GTN xi for example. Once the 210 was updated, all worked great.

If you are talking firmware, usual charge to update is an hour of an avionics shop time. The actual firmware is free from Garmin to the dealer, but requires a dealer to do the update. Also, worth checking what other Garmin bits are in the plane and doing them all at the same time. You can have compatibility issues if some are old. My FS210 stopped paring after a got a GTN xi for example. Once the 210 was updated, all worked great.
good point about the other Garmin items, I think there are none besides the GTN750.
Reached out to my on field shop about it, let's see what they say.

Some shops charge a little more depending on how much the paperwork on board has to change. (New features usually require AFM updates.)

6.71 is the latest GTN 750. 20.21 is the latest for GTN 750 Xi. Most dealers typically charge an hour of labor, and sometimes there are interdependent updates that might need to be applied to other systems. Garmin puts all the update release info up on the website: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/category/service-document-notifications/ Here is the one for the 6.71/20.21 update: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviati...0-and-gtn-6xx-7xx-main-software-version-6-71/ and like @denverpilot said, depending on what software you are coming from, they might need to prepare an AFMS update. Also sometimes the new features that are introduced need configuration as well (for example VNAV and/or Terrain Alerting in 6.50 or the glide range stuff in the 20.21 Xi update)

Back