Maintenance Software App

whwmsj6

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
I'm looking for aircraft logbook and maintenance tracking software, designed to manage small GA aircraft - specifically my C182, preferably an iPad App, to replace my manual logs. I can't seem to find anything. Surely someone makes such an app?

I don't need fleet tracking, pilot tracking, tax tracking, duty times, etc., etc. Just compliant software to replace paper airframe, engine, prop, electronic and other logs. I'd like the ability to log each maintenance procedure and flight, with a focus on total time, so the software will tell me when it's time for an oil change, annual inspection, etc. I'd like the ability to scan paper documents to the app for a specific maintenance procedure or flight.

I also want to be able to scan historical maintenance documents into the app. It would be nice if the software could track ADs and other required maintenance procedures, based on my make/model aircraft, but this isn't mandatory.

The ultimate would be a single software app, such as LogTen Pro, that would allow pilot logs to be interfaced/synced with maintenance logs. In other words, when a pilot logged a flight in his/her pilot log app, the data would sync to the proper maintenance log based on the specific aircraft flown. Multiple pilots (all would be required to use the same pilot logbook app) logs would sync to the aircraft maintenance log based on Hobbs or tach time.

A lot of wishes. However, if just a basic app were available, I'd buy it.

Does anyone know of anything, or have any suggestions?

Is anyone using FlightDocs or SkyBooks to manage their aircraft maintenance? If so, please leave a PIREP.

Thanks,
Bill.

Did you ever find a program to suit your needs? Exploring this as well. Tempted to start building my own app.

I've been using PlaneLogix https://www.planelogix.com, it's still quite early in versions. They just did a major update that improved usability. Support has been great and I believe an iPad app is in the works.

I don't use it to replace my paper logs, just to act as a supplement and backup.

Looks like they still have their free month trial, if you want to give it a shot.

I currently use FlightDocs for my CL300. You have to keep up with it and understand on how it works. If you just scan and email them the work so FlightDocs can update the software for you then you are wasting your money. I do all updates my self. I constantly call then with every little question I have and ask them to walk me thru performing a task rather than letting them do it for me. This is also true with CAMP Systems.

I currently use FlightDocs for my CL300. You have to keep up with it and understand on how it works. If you just scan and email them the work so FlightDocs can update the software for you then you are wasting your money. I do all updates my self. I constantly call then with every little question I have and ask them to walk me thru performing a task rather than letting them do it for me. This is also true with CAMP Systems.

FlightDocs doesn't look like it's aimed at the small GA market. What does it cost? I can't find a dollar figure on the site at all. (Which suggests it's ridiculously expensive.)

I'd always be nervous of that... IMHO, your plane has a much longer lifespan than the app (or the device the app runs on). Paper is king!

V/r,

Sure, I get that. But having a paper or paper-equivalent (say, pdf) version of the logs exported should be sufficient to mitigate that concern. (It appears all three services offer that.) Just ensure that you export regularly.

FlightDocs doesn't look like it's aimed at the small GA market. What does it cost? I can't find a dollar figure on the site at all. (Which suggests it's ridiculously expensive.)

Its costs $9K/yr. This also includes the inventory and purchase order creation. CAMP starts at $13K without
inventory and purchase order

Its costs $9K/yr. This also includes the inventory and purchase order creation. CAMP starts at $13K without inventory and purchase order

Well that answers that question. They want nothing to do with the piston GA market. Looks like Planelogix is the only available choice at the moment.

Many years back, I adopted a car maintenance app for use with club airplanes. Basically, put hours in the miles part. I only used it as a reminder app.

I just created a list using Excell. works pretty good. Line items change color depending how close they are getting to being due.

It won't replace paper, but for simple reminders I created an app for iPhone/ iPad. $0.99, not $9K! Link is in my signature, assuming it transferred from the old forum software.

I know this is an old post. But computrack works pretty good and is affordable

I just signed up for Pilotpartner.net for our Cessna 210. You get a free 60 days then cancel the pilot logbook but the MX tracking remains free. Nice simple and free interface!

I plan on doing something to help my son in law keep track of maintenance for his King Air, but when it comes to my small piston singles I’m very pleased with the paper log system I use.

I just signed up for Pilotpartner.net for our Cessna 210. You get a free 60 days then cancel the pilot logbook but the MX tracking remains free. Nice simple and free interface!
I second the vote for Pilotpartner- I use it for my maintenance tracking as well. Solo owner. I would be willing to even pay a small fee monthly if they wanted it, is very user friendly. Easy to set tach hr or date items. I just log my tach time as I go and it will prompt me if anything is getting close. I track all of my ADs, oil changes, etc with it.

Check out Coflyt in the App Store. Love that app. No I’m not affiliated with them in any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I mostly figured this out using LogTen Pro but don't know how to reset the "Limits" timer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

It's crazy to me that nothing ties in to foreflight to take your hobs/tach time from there and be more hands-off.

Back