Show off your Plane!

4bf45d7056eb7496bf31120c8fd30f72.jpg

8bfe387f46378ae29e616c002594b2d0.jpg

d1a8b8d89ece8abc5d90be28a57d5557.jpg

c2aef0ee5f918f1f0885c073857ed06e.jpg

For the fellow Cessna 310 fans. Bought this a couple years ago and have been upgrading it ever since. It has a cool history. It was originally owned for Jim Lovell, Apollo 13 Commander.

I love the plane and all that it can haul. 23GPH, 183 KTAS LOP. 1000 nm range. 1700 lb useful load.

After paying a few hefty mtx bills, it inspired me to get my A&P with my previous military credit I had as a crew chief. I really enjoy working on the 310. The 310 community is great and a full of resources when I run into something above my capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm positively NOT going to post pictures of the Cubs I fly. Just imagine rat rods painted Cub yellow (where it hasn't fallen off) and oil stains.
I've seen pictures :eek:... let's just say they're "well loved"...

Jim Lovell's 310? That's pretty cool. Does it have an oxygen tank?

No oxygen on board. I’m looking at doing the portable tank and cannula combo inside the cabin.

No oxygen on board. I’m looking at doing the portable tank and cannula combo inside the cabin.

I think @Jim K is recommending you not purchase your O2 tank from the same supplier that used to supply NASA during the Apollo missions. ;)

I notice that a lot of your airspeed indicators have a lot more numbers on them than the one/s in my plane.

Shame? I LOVE that video. Bravo!!

Gotta go get the silver one, it’s in Oshkosh. Can do with the Piet! That’s a pretty major cross country to FGU...

Seen the new Muscateer on the field? I helped Jerry go get it. Sweet plane!

Tools

I think @Jim K is recommending you not purchase your O2 tank from the same supplier that used to supply NASA during the Apollo missions. ;)

Yup, that joke orbited completely around me and I missed it.

Yup, that joke orbited completely around me and I missed it.

Well, at least you got to see the dark side.

Seriously, that is really cool. Jim Lovell is truly a hero. Anyone who hasn't read "Lost Moon", go get it. You won't be able to put it down.

Seen the new Muscateer on the field? I helped Jerry go get it. Sweet plane!
Yes I have! The one down towards the end on the ramp? Definitely a clean looking bird! Nice!

Just thought I would throw mine up here since their haven't been any LSA's posted.
I really like the Pipistrel company and love the SW Virus taildragger. I always thought it would be a fantastic two place, cross country machine. Just wish it came as a kit so I could get the constant speed prop with 914/915 Rotax.

The Beast, The ‘Manche, The Purple People eater (although she hasn’t “eaten” anybody in her 9200hr life), she has as many pet names as our pets at home.

171 knots true? That's fantastic!

PXL_20200923_224120730.jpg 20170609_055527.jpg

My Trinidad. Love it, she's taken us from MN to the Bahamas twice and Key West once, as well as countless other destinations. May not be the fasted HP single but that 50" wide cabin sure is comfortable for this old fat man! We just got home from a weekend trip to Memphis.

Back