Phoenix or Tucson area ferry pilot wanted

JBolton

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JBolton
I'm buying a Cessna 210A, it is having the annual inspection completed in Benson, AZ. I need it flown to Dubuque, IA in a few weeks to a month. That's E95 to KDBQ, quite the time building at my expense due to relative distance.

Let me know if you are interested and what your flying costs. Obviously I'm paying for all gas, return ticket, any hotel and food. I'd like to get someone close to either Phoenix or Tucson area since there is a convenient and direct flight from Cedar Rapids to Mesa. But I suppose other airports might work too. Just let me know if this is something you can do, and we'll go from there.

I suggest adding your insurance’s open pilot requirements to the post. Some policies might require 5 hours in type, others might be 500 hours in type, and that will help potential ferry pilots know if they meet the insurance requirements. Of course, that’s assuming you want insurance coverage in place for the trip. :)

The plane is having an annual inspection as we speak. Insurance requirements are yet to be determined. I'll find that out.

Insurance requirements are yet to be determined.

That's pretty important, because that will be a determining factor for any ferry pilot. I live within driving distance of DBQ, but have zero 210 time.

Insurance is not a decided factor yet....it's sort of debatable whether it is needed or not.

Insurance is not a decided factor yet....it's sort of debatable whether it is needed or not.

Sounds like ya paid cash for it. No lender is likely to say “not sure if we want it insured or not.” Other than that it would just be a matter of how much your personal wealth you want to put at risk. That should go for a ferry pilot to. Wouldn’t it?

Good luck finding a ferry pilot to fly your uninsured plane cross country unless you're willing to hold them harmless and indemnify them for any liability that arises.

Then again, from previous discussions here and on the pro boards, probably won't be hard at all ;)

I wouldn’t either. If someone ferries uninsured airplanes they either have no wealth to protect or they have that invulnerability trait or both.

Back