Video-I Bought a Pitts S1S and Flew it Across the Country!

I have made a bunch of long cross country trips from Idaho including two Alaska trips, so I know how tough it can be, but I always had another pilot and/or one or two other planes along the trip to help out. Pretty amazing that you did this by yourself, at least until you met up with your Dad. Excellent job, I really enjoyed the video. Thanks!

Hi Ben! I thought your video was well done and a s1 has been a life long goal of mine as well. I currently have an airframe that is not worth anything and I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it at the moment. Also would love to know how hard the saving was, because I plan to start doing a better saving plan immediately. Thanks

You've asked the right person. I don't know how active Ben is on PoA, but I interacted with him on Instagram after his video came out and, as evidenced above, he was very forthcoming with details. Looking further up, it looks like there is a lot of personal sacrifice in the plan; leaving school, living with his parents, working full time to pay for PPL training. I'm sure saving for the plane looked a lot like working 2 jobs and spending none of it until he could buy the plane <3.

Back