Looking For Flying Job

F16_F86

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mkruyswijk
Hi Guys

Where can I see the section that includes all the jobs offered ?

Thanks

Wrong forum. Go to findapilot.com to start. There is also climbto350.com as well.

Ok thanks Doc. Wuld this also be the right forums for Instructors looking for jobs ?

Thanks

Where can I find a job as an Instructor or CFI ?

I live in South Africa, I am a certified flight instructor and looking for a job in USA. I have expereince as an instructor.

Job boards like indeed.com are one place to start. If you know a rough locale you'd like to live, you could try cold-calling flight schools and FBOs there to ask about the job situation there.

This is more a social forum with the added perks of having many knowledgable pilots to answer questions, etc., but not a job board.

Fantastic, thanks for the help. I will have a look at "Indeed"

I will have a look. If anyone knows of any other "leads" please let me know.

Thanks !

Not sure what your instructing goals are, but check out American Flyers. I'm currently doing my FIRC with them and there's a banner at the bottom of the web page that says they're hiring CFIs at multiple locations around the country.

Good luck!

Lots of instructors around here hang out on Facebook flying groups looking for work.

I live in South Africa, I am a certified flight instructor and looking for a job in USA. I have expereince as an instructor.

Are you a US citizen or Greencard? Not really gonna be able to work in the US unless you are one of them. There are work visas but a CFI will very rarely get a visa to work.

Can't believe someone went though all the expense and trouble to get a CFI with this little of a plan on what to do with it.

I get spammed with flying jobs daily from jsfirm.com. no idea if they are legitimate or not

Start emailing the managers of every Pilot College or Flight School. Start with the major ones first. Be ready to eat a lot of tuna fish and peanut butter because those jobs don't pay ****. It's by the hour and not many people have money for flight training.

If you have an ATP MEL, you can get a better ****ty job flying cargo. A cargo FE pays better than a CFI and, depending upon the company, offers the guaranteed chance of moving to the right seat at their expense and your profit.

Can't believe someone went though all the expense and trouble to get a CFI with this little of a plan on what to do with it.
LOL. Hence the maxim, "More money than brains".

OTOH, I was young and stupid once. Just trying to live the dream. Made it, but not quite the way I planned. It all ended well.

Are you a US citizen or Greencard? Not really gonna be able to work in the US unless you are one of them. There are work visas but a CFI will very rarely get a visa to work.
I do not have a Green Card yet. I think it would be better to get a job first and then get a Green Card. Not the other way around ?

What do you suppose would be the best option.

Best regards

Start emailing the managers of every Pilot College or Flight School. Start with the major ones first. Be ready to eat a lot of tuna fish and peanut butter because those jobs don't pay ****. It's by the hour and not many people have money for flight training.

If you have an ATP MEL, you can get a better ****ty job flying cargo. A cargo FE pays better than a CFI and, depending upon the company, offers the guaranteed chance of moving to the right seat at their expense and your profit.
I think the best way to get hold of email adresses of flight schools would be Pilot Career Center.

What do you think would be the best option ?

I do not have a Green Card yet. I think it would be better to get a job first and then get a Green Card. Not the other way around ?

Best regards

unfortunately it’s not that easy. You would have to get a visa that would allow you to work in the US. Those visa aren’t easy to come by, you need a company to sponsor you and petition for you which costs thousands of dollars. I don’t think CFI falls into a specific job that would get an approved visa, and none of the flight schools are going to spend the money. Only then when you are here working for years you can apply to adjust status to a green card. Google work visa for the United States.

Best regards
Work on both at the same time. Government processing is slow, especially due to both budget cuts and the COVID pandemic.

Please don't be suckered into paying a bunch of money to some a-hole who says they can "fix" it for you. Just put in your application.

Make sure your Visa stays current. Don't become an illegal even for a day. That could work against you.

I think the best way to get hold of email adresses of flight schools would be Pilot Career Center.

What do you think would be the best option ?
Anything you can do is good. Persistence is key. Obviously you don't want to annoy an employer with daily phone calls. Ask them "When should I check back with you?" then put it on your calendar. If they say "we'll call you" then call them once a quarter (every three months).

Back