Flight school names

kc4wsd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kc4wsd
Good afternoon all. I'm not a licensed pilot, but have followed threads here for quite some time, and do have a degree in Avionics, if that gives me any credibility. :)
My son, who *is* a licensed pilot with a nice list of endorsements (including CFI, CFII, ATP, etc.) is looking at the likelihood of taking over a local flight school and will be changing the name.
I'm strongly discouraging the use of *his* name in the name of the flight school, and feel that it should be catchy, but not too specific, allowing for growth and adjustments. For example, [Our Town] Flight School is too limiting, so I think [Something] Aviation has a nice ring to it.
Unfortunately, I've come up with one name that is available in our state, and now I'm stuck and need help . . .
I'd like input from the massive think-tank that is PoA. Maybe I should point out that at the moment, the only aircraft in the "fleet" is a 1980 Cessna 172, but that will change as finances and staffing permits.
If nothing else, I'm sure @eman1200 has a brilliant suggestion or two.

I'm strongly discouraging the use of *his* name in the name of the flight school, and feel that it should be catchy, but not too specific, allowing for growth and adjustments.
Well I suppose that depends on his name. If his name is "Sully" or "Yeager" or "Lindy" then that might not be such a bad idea.

In what state/region will this flight school be located?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Flight University of Charlotte Kc4wd4 - Mecklenburg Edition. or, for short...........

Make sure it is easy to say

Also be careful of any acronym that can be made out of the name.

How about rabuF Aviation?

ufanS Aviation?

Tango Uniform Flight Training?

Good afternoon all. I'm not a licensed pilot, but have followed threads here for quite some time, and do have a degree in Avionics, if that gives me any credibility. :)
My son, who *is* a licensed pilot with a nice list of endorsements (including CFI, CFII, ATP, etc.) is looking at the likelihood of taking over a local flight school and will be changing the name.
I'm strongly discouraging the use of *his* name in the name of the flight school, and feel that it should be catchy, but not too specific, allowing for growth and adjustments. For example, [Our Town] Flight School is too limiting, so I think [Something] Aviation has a nice ring to it.
Unfortunately, I've come up with one name that is available in our state, and now I'm stuck and need help . . .
I'd like input from the massive think-tank that is PoA. Maybe I should point out that at the moment, the only aircraft in the "fleet" is a 1980 Cessna 172, but that will change as finances and staffing permits.
If nothing else, I'm sure @eman1200 has a brilliant suggestion or two.

Acme Aviation. Then get one of these for the fleet
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rans_S-6_Coyote_II

It's a dude and a skyhawk entering one of the most cash-deleting enterprises imaginable. If you guys overthink the name this much, the actual operations are going to drive you insane.

Pro tip: nobody cares what it's called, they only care that it's $1 cheaper than everyone else's block rates within a 50nm radius.

Well I suppose that depends on his name. If his name is "Sully" or "Yeager" or "Lindy" then that might not be such a bad idea.
Nope . . . nothing like that.

It's a dude and a skyhawk entering one of the most cash-deleting enterprises imaginable. If you guys overthink the name this much, the actual operations are going to drive you insane.

Pro tip: nobody cares what it's called, they only care that it's $1 cheaper than everyone else's block rates within a 50nm radius.
Thanks for the input. This isn't his primary source of income. He is just taking over a very small operation for a guy who has been doing it for a long time. I was just looking for ideas for a catchy name that keeps his name out of the LLC.

"Eagle Fang" is already taken, so...

eagle-fang-karate-t-shirt-cobra-kai-season-3.jpg

Reschedule for Maintenance Aviation

Student Loss Enterprises

One or None Inc

Hobbson's Choice Rentals

Pilots Choice Aviation
You Can Do It Aviation
Top Gun Aviation
Fly More Aviation
Chicks Dig Pilots Flight School

Not Another Flight School
We Won't Screw U
Flight Training 4 U

I am sure you will get some good suggestions along with many in "jest" suggestions.
Learn to Fly $1.00. Learn to Land $100.00.
Learn to Fly - Crash Course.

AAA Aviation, you want to be the first one they find in the phone book. Wait , what’s that?

Maybe “Best Flight School” because people will google “what is the best flight school”..::

More Right Rudder Flight School
I was actually thinking the same thing:
Right Rudder
The Flying School - if you want to keep it simple
The Wright Flyer
The Magenta Line- paint a magenta stripe on all aircraft so non flyers think it has something to do with your paint scheme. Or even paint a magenta line to all your parking spots.

I’m shocked no one recommended flight-schooly Mcflight-schoolface.

Whatever you do, make sure it’s a name that’s easy to remember, unique enough to google, and has some semblance of brand value when it comes time to sell. I know many of these are in jest, but be careful of fun names; often times the people making the purchase decisions are making a large investment and might be very nervous of GA so you’ll want to find a good balance of solid stability, adventure and safety in the name.

Back