Paroxysmal A-Fib, 3rd class medical

zarya

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Zarya
Greetings,

While working outside in the heat last summer, I became dehydrated and had what I found out to be A-Fib. I had bloodwork done and consulted a cardiologist. I had low magnesium. Cardiologist said to take magnesium and stay hydrated. I'm not on any medicine, other than low dose aspirin.

Does anyone have experience with something similar getting a 3rd class medical certificate? I'm in my 20's.

Low mag, a fib in a 20 something will suggest the associated alcohol.....as in 20-somethings should not be having this....

Last edited:
Low mag, a fib in a 20 something will suggest the associated alcohol.....as 20. Fsomethings should net be having this....

It was on a Wednesday, but I was drinking the weekend prior. Please elaborate or message me if you can.

He's saying that those in their 20's aren't usually susceptible to traditional afib causes. However, alcohol can exacerbate an early onset of paroxysmal a-fib, and that would bear looking into.

Likely better if you re-initiate conversation with Dr. Chien via his bow to start page: http://www.aeromedicaldoc.com/how-to-start.html

This is the correct answer, anything else has a high potential to either be wrong or go badly for you. Friend of mine had a similar event last year and despite my recommendation to contact Bruce or a Local AME Bruce recommended he decided to use his regular AME and submit an application. Current status now looks likes he may never get a valid medical or be able to fly light sport.

Brian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back