Southeast POA lunch

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
The pitch servo is back from the refurb and working. Woo hoo!

Need to get some flying it; just got my first flight time this year. :oops: Was supposed to do an Angel Flight in January, but icing cancelled that. STEC took forever to rebuild the servo.

Looking to see if anyone would like to meet-up for lunch on Sunday, March 14. Another option is Saturday March 20 (my Angel Flight got cancelled). I'm open for both.

Runway Cafe at GMU
Hunter-Gatherer Brewery at the Hangar - CUB
The Flying Pig (closed on Sundays, so only for Sat, March 20th)
Other option?

@TRocket
@RDUPilot
@RyanB
@Dave Theisen
@Grum.Man
@Ronbonjovi
@N659HB
@EppyGA
@SkyDog58
@FlySince9
@SPAJC
@bstickleycos
@flyingron
@Velocity173
@bflynn
@falconkidding
@Bill Watson
@dell30rb
@Kelvin
@midlifeflyer
@bluerooster
@Radar Contact
@Lance F
@FORANE
@Bill Jennings
@RyanLikesFlying
@Morgan3820
@Tflhndn
@Concorde
@TylerSC
@Fearless Tower
@wayne
@mulligan
@Flocker
@FastEddieB
@kyleb
@Matthew K
@Lee Carwell
@Brian A Johns
@2Airtime2
@groovyone789
@nosehair
@Ben Diss
@Cluemeister
@write-stuff
@Hank S
@MarcoDA40
@BrianNC
@tree96
@Jack C-137
@Hang 4
@TheFB
@av8npa
@Tarheelpilot
@Carolinaflyer
@kc4wsd
@RonS
@Charles Nettleman III
@Doug Reid
@Possum
@Greenhead
@mcmanigle
@CJones
@MtPJimB
@Tdaf22
@Tony Long
@CltFlyBoy
@SCFlyboy

I can probably do the 20th but no chance for the 21st.

Plane booked by partners both weeekends. I can put in a backup reservation.

Well since I no longer have to find a dog sitter...

Plane booked by partners both weeekends. I can put in a backup reservation.

You're at FGU, right? I could swing by and get you on the way. I want some more flying time anyway. :cool:

To get the destination settled, what about Runway Cafe at GMU on Sunday, March 14th. Then Hunter-Gatherer Brewery at the Hangar at CUB On Saturday, March 20th.

Make which ever you can, including both. I'm planning on both.

Watching this thread.

73747dbce94f1af41083724734bdf069.jpg

I think the 20th would be tough for me but we’ll see.

Will plan for the 20th, I’m game for either.

Not much flying for someone (me) based at RYY.

You don't have to follow the magenta line, you know. ;-)

For me, LZU is preferred. I'm still not ADSB compliant although the boxes are sitting on a shelf in the basement, so Charlotte's airspace is problematic, IIRC.

Oh, and Sundays work better than Saturdays for me. Kid lacrosse season, you know...

Plane in annual on Monday. Hate to miss a lunch, but I’ll be at RoughRiver Dam.

I can probably do the 20th but no chance for the 21st.
Will plan for the 20th, I’m game for either.
In for the 20th

Saturday, March 20th. Plan on arriving 11:30-noon. Then Hunter-Gatherer Brewery at the Hangar at CUB is at the corner of Airport Blvd and Jim Hamilton Blvd, at the approach end of Rwy 13. I don't see a gate to the restaurant, plus the only parking at that end is in hangars. We may need to exit at the FBO.

You don't have to follow the magenta line, you know. ;-)
For me, LZU is preferred. I'm still not ADSB compliant although the boxes are sitting on a shelf in the basement, so Charlotte's airspace is problematic, IIRC.
Oh, and Sundays work better than Saturdays for me. Kid lacrosse season, you know...

Our kids didn't play lacrosse, but they did play youth soccer and I coached, so no skipping it for me either. Later one played tennis and the other ran cross country. Lots of busy weekends. Now they have graduated from college and are working, so I have weekends again. :D

Wx permitting, I'm in.
Watching this thread.
I think the 20th would be tough for me but we’ll see.

Anyone up for Runway Cafe at GMU on Sunday (tomorrow), March 14th?

I'm flying in Cirrus N551SR. Today I'm wearing a gray t-shirt with a phrase from a iconic 80's movie and a black DarkAero baseball cap.

Planning on being there at noon.

Here at GMU. Ah finally, Tapatalk finally got the photo upload processed.

e87d597f27f2584f803d57135563a340.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Sprinted to make the lunch. Arrived at the field hearing a Mooney (Eman?) and a Baron (??) approaching the field at about the same time. Landed behind the Mooney, which used the entire length and width of the runway. Almost certainly Eman. Spoke to ground, taxied right up to the restaurant and parked beside the Mooney. Didn't see Wayne or a Cirrus. Hmm, nobody is in the restaurant and the sign on the door says "closed".

<Scratches head.>

Checks POA thread.

Oh. GMU, not LZU...

<Smacks head>

Sprinted to make the lunch. Arrived at the fiels hearing a Mooney (Eman?) and a Baron (??) approaching the field at about the same time. Landed behind the Mooney, which used the entire length and width of the runway. Almost certainly Eman. Spoke to ground, taxied right up to the restaurant and parked beside the Mooney. Didn't see Wayne or a Cirrus. Hmm, nobody is in the restaurant and the sign on the door says "closed".

<Scratches head.>

Checks POA thread.

Oh. GMU, not LZU...

<Smacks head>

oh no you di'nt.......... :goofy:

by the way, I paid for the entire runway when I land imma use the entire runway!

Sprinted to make the lunch. Arrived at the field hearing a Mooney (Eman?) and a Baron (??) approaching the field at about the same time. Landed behind the Mooney, which used the entire length and width of the runway. Almost certainly Eman. Spoke to ground, taxied right up to the restaurant and parked beside the Mooney. Didn't see Wayne or a Cirrus. Hmm, nobody is in the restaurant and the sign on the door says "closed".

<Scratches head.>

Checks POA thread.

Oh. GMU, not LZU...

<Smacks head>

Doh!

Well, you did say you wanted to go to LZU. ;)

Back